Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird "unbalanced" problem

Hi all.

I seem to have this weird issue when the car is cold. What I mean by that is also when it's cold outside.

When driving at 70 it feels like the rear is out of balance with a very subtle vibration. This stops after 5-10 minutes of driving.

The car does not do this when it's warm outside.

I have a feeling that there may be a slight flat spot on one of the rear tires. What do you think?

Need to get the tyres checked out----what brand of tyres have you on the car-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      Need to get the tyres checked out----what brand of tyres have you on the car-----Dave
      It's a mishmash.

When I first purchased the car it had on the mot that back tires. Had flat spots which didn't appear on the 2nd MOT.

When I picked it up I had a weird noise when breaking in which they changed one of the rear tires. The noise went but I've always felt a slight unbalance hence the multipul balancing I've done with them.

Could it be that the second one is also slightly flat spotted if that makes sense?

Comment

When I first got my insignia it had budget tyres[accellera] on it and they were bloody awful ,car used to shake after rebalance after rebalance--fitted 4 new Lassa driveway sports and never been a problem since----you might want to get them checked over and then make your mind up about changing them-----Dave

Comment

swap front to back, see if it stops,.. naff tyres are the cause of LOTS of problems

My last 2 VXLines, one a facelift A and now a Grandsport, were only a matter of months old when bought, but at least two tyres were budgets, and bOth cars had the same problem - when accelerating, the front of the car lifted off to one side, and swayed back when lifting off. Fitted 4 new premium tyres all round, problmem solved.

Comment

Were you able to solve the issue? I sometimes have the same problem.
            Insignia 2010 Sports Tourer 160HK / AT / TAAV - Silver Lake

Comment

Working...
            X