Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 plate insignia vrx DPF problems advice needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 plate insignia vrx DPF problems advice needed!!

New to the forum and have an issue with my insignia 67 plate 2.0 L 20,000 miles on the clock. Bought in October 17 with 3,500 miles on the clock!

I get a message on the display that the DPF is regenerating and to keep driving. When I do this almost immediately the "reduced power" warning comes on and the car goes into limp mode!
    I understand that short journeys will have a detrimental affect on the DPF but I do over 50 miles per day to and from work together with some journeys of over 100 mile return!!!

The issue is that it doesnt seem to give me the chance to regenerate before going into reduced power mode! Every time I stop and restart it asks me to drive to regenerate , which I try to do by putting it into semi manual and driving with over 2500 revs,but again immediately goes into reduced power mode!!

I think that there is something that is stopping me from regenerating but the last time it went into the garage (november last year) the garage just said that he DPF was blocked and cleared it. It has now done this again. The garage said that they could have a look at it on 6th August!! (very helpful with a car in limp mode!) but after contacting Vauxhall customer services have got it in next thursday!

Any ideas on what else could be stopping me from regenerating whilst driving as I dont believe that it is due to short journeys and would like to insist on the garage doing a more thorough search.

I am left with paying out to have it regenerated at the garage but am determined to find the real fault as I believe that his should be a warranty issue.
    Thanks in advance.

Does the limp mode happens as soon as you increase revs? In that case you could try to stop the car and leave the engine running. I can image that if the filter is very full it gives so much back pressure that increasing revs causes even more stress on the engine as it can’t get rid of its exhaust gasses.

Comment

Apologies, had trouble logging back in. The issue doesnt seem to be linked with revs. It tells me to keep driving , which I do then goes into "reduced power" and limp mode!! It seems that it doesnt give me the chance to regenerate before it goes into limp mode. Am more and more convinced that it is something faulty as it did this 3 weeks after I bought it and they said I was not driving enough miles!!!! It is due in to the garage on Thursday and no doubt they will tell me its my driving but I am going to insist that it is something else.
      In fact EVRY time I try and "keep driving" as requested by the car it goes into limp mode!!!!1

Comment

Could be the DPF pressure sensor not allowing the car to regenerate early enough .
        It's not as if you are just tootling down to the local quicky mart and back every day .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It will regen if you leave the car running, maybe get some of the back log out so can regen whilst driving.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Blocker 77 View Post
            New to the forum and have an issue with my insignia 67 plate 2.0 L 20,000 miles on the clock. Bought in October 17 with 3,500 miles on the clock!

I get a message on the display that the DPF is regenerating and to keep driving. When I do this almost immediately the "reduced power" warning comes on and the car goes into limp mode!
            I understand that short journeys will have a detrimental affect on the DPF but I do over 50 miles per day to and from work together with some journeys of over 100 mile return!!!

The issue is that it doesnt seem to give me the chance to regenerate before going into reduced power mode! Every time I stop and restart it asks me to drive to regenerate , which I try to do by putting it into semi manual and driving with over 2500 revs,but again immediately goes into reduced power mode!!

I think that there is something that is stopping me from regenerating but the last time it went into the garage (november last year) the garage just said that he DPF was blocked and cleared it. It has now done this again. The garage said that they could have a look at it on 6th August!! (very helpful with a car in limp mode!) but after contacting Vauxhall customer services have got it in next thursday!

Any ideas on what else could be stopping me from regenerating whilst driving as I dont believe that it is due to short journeys and would like to insist on the garage doing a more thorough search.

I am left with paying out to have it regenerated at the garage but am determined to find the real fault as I believe that his should be a warranty issue.
            Thanks in advance.
            Sorry with the late reply and you might be sorted.
            With my current BiTurbo, wifes 2.0 163, previous 2.0 160 I never had any issue to date with the DPF. Touch wood.
            Having said that Ive had my woes with a zafira 1.9. And my basic knowledge of these systems.
            First (vacuum test) check all vacuum hoses from the vacuum pump to the turbo actuator, and all in between - all other vacuum pipework) a leak will often lead to over-fueling. In my case a plastic vacuum hose was rubbing off bodywork and loosing vacuum causing the ECU to compensate by overfueling.
            Second (vacuum test) and more importantly as the previous issue is not likely on a insignia check the pressure difference sensor pipework from the silencer (under the handbrake switch) back to the sensor at the rear of the intake manifold. In my case again the pipe was cracked in a place where it could only have been broken during service leading to false pressure readings and thus corrupting the differential readings.
            Thirdly (electrical test) check the electrical wiring to the exhaust temperature sensor, not the one on the DPF/Catalyst, the one under the hadbrake switch. This wire is for some stupid reason routed under the exhaust and into the path of any crap on the road - it should be routed over the top of the exhaust. Its vunerable to damage.
            Use proper vacuum test equipment as a small leak may not be evident.
            These three systems are critical to the correct functioning of the DPF.
            A leak/failure in any one of these will lead to DPF blockage.
            I've been there. And it was a car with a full Opel service history, so who broke the pipe?

Comment

Working...
            X