Alloy DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy DIY

I know I know... not the best!! But atleast its better than the chips that was on the alloy, got quoted £110 for each alloy spent £11 at Halfords and I'm pretty much happy with the result [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Looks a lot better.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

if you get some alloy rim protecters,itll hide that
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Have you got a link to some you recommend Dave? Mrs has caught mine after been refurbed 3 days [emoji2959]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

the best ones are "alloygators",,or ,I have "rimblades",,,the alloygators fit in between the tyre and the rim.the rimblades are self adhesive,,,dont get good reviews,but they've been stuck to my rims for more than 12 months

ebay search for either of the above
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Good job....Can't complain at that for a tenner.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Super duper job there Shane
              I would be as chuffed as mint balls if mine turned out like yours .
              Are those diamond cut alloys ?

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Super duper job there Shane
                I would be as chuffed as mint balls if mine turned out like yours .
                Are those diamond cut alloys ?
                Cheers mate, and yes there diamond cut 20 inch

Comment

That's a brilliant job mate. I have buggered one of mine and got a few scars on others so might have a go myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                    I know I know... not the best!! But atleast its better than the chips that was on the alloy, got quoted £110 for each alloy spent £11 at Halfords and I'm pretty much happy with the result [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Great job, which kit did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggy87 View Post
                      Great job, which kit did you use?
                      No kit pal just a pack of sand paper I started off starting with the roughest then gradually moving down to then finest. Then finished off with some metal polish [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                        That's a brilliant job mate. I have buggered one of mine and got a few scars on others so might have a go myself.
                        Cheers mate took me 25 mins on each wheel and I was really surprised with the results

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                          No kit pal just a pack of sand paper I started off starting with the roughest then gradually moving down to then finest. Then finished off with some metal polish [emoji1360][emoji1360]
                          Fair play mate, I thought you'd maybe built it up with some metal filler first. great job for just wet n dry then. guessing you went down to around 3000?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggy87 View Post
                            Fair play mate, I thought you'd maybe built it up with some metal filler first. great job for just wet n dry then. guessing you went down to around 3000?
                            Yes mate 3000 I went to went over it for about 5 mins and did brilliant then just a few coats of maguires metal polish very recommended stuff it's fantastic

Comment

Have you relaquered after?... I fitted 255/35 tyres on these wheels rather than the 245/35 it came with. Good protection and wheels looks much better. Not enough rubber on these for my liking

Comment

Working...
                              X