New member who's just my first insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member who's just my first insignia

Hi guys well I've bought a insignia finally.
    Its a 09 2.0cdti 160
    I bought it cheap so obviously it as a problem,
    Well here goes. The previous owner as owned the car since new, so got most of the service history.
    Had a new clutch last Yr, and regularly serviced.
    But he said his wife was driving and the auxiliary belt got chucked off. And stopped running after she drained the battery of its power so obviously got it recovered back home.
    But they couldn't get it fired up so it was sat a month, and then out of mot.
    So I bought it cheap.
    Put a new belt on it there was no damage I even checked the timing was OK as I heard it could throw it out.
    So new battery and engine is turning over but not firing.
    I phoned rac out he plugged his machine in came up with some faults but I'd been unclipping some sensors to clean them.
    He said the main one was the crank sensor but I've replaced that today but it looked like it had already been replaced.
    He said its possible it was a old code.
    He also sprayed some carb cleaner into it but wouldn't fire up. He also said that there was no fuel pressure showing.
    Anyway so I undid the main pipe from the pump to the fuel rail, and wasn't much at all that came out when cranking the engine over.
    I would be grateful if any of you lads and lasses could help. Also the mileage is 124000

Welcome

The guessing game can work out to be very expensive. Ideally need some kind of codes to pinpoint the problem.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Welcome

The guessing game can work out to be very expensive. Ideally need some kind of codes to pinpoint the problem.
      Hi there's no code's at present I checked today and there's nothing. The rac guy just had about the crank sensor so I've replaced that now

Comment

Originally posted by Kes44 View Post
        Hi there's no code's at present I checked today and there's nothing. The rac guy just had about the crank sensor so I've replaced that now

Most generic code readers may not be good enough to read the codes on an Insignia, a lot of people have found that out.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

No fuel pressure could be the pump possibly

Comment

Welcome aboard Kes44 .
              As said above without codes then it's a guessing game and can be expensive throwing parts at it .
              Good quality code reader opcom springs to mind as long as you have a laptop , that can handle cd rioms
              So cambelt is definitely intact ?

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X