Considering selling up :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering selling up :(

I’ve been thinking. I’ve no need for the size of my siggy... I’m maybe considering a 1 series or an A class.. 2015 upwards.. I really love this car but we do a lot of mileage and it seems so thirsty even though the computer stating 48-49 mpg... what’s everyone’s thoughts?

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

I downsized from a Mondeo to an Astra and lost all road presence. Hated it. Once back in a bigger car (my previous Insignia) it all came back. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you then go for it. I'll never go small again. Even the small BMW's and Merc's suffer the same.

This is just my personal opinion and I don't mean to offend but both the 1 series and A class were originally aimed at the female market. They just don't suit a bloke imo. Sorry.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Fair point mate! Appreciate the feedback as I requested. I do feel a like a manly man in my siggy... nobody every tried overtaking me. Cutting in etc.. it’s just the commute. We have a 32 mile commute daily sometimes twice If im on a late shift and she has to pick me up etc... at the same time can’t condone pissing money down the drain on two cars. I’m in such a pickle [emoji853]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

A mate's brother has quite a daily commute but likes the bigger car (the big Audi saloons). Always gets his converted to LPG. The conversion isn't cheap but the mpg savings are dramatic. You lose most of your boot though.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

With my previous cars I have switched between sizes. I had a mk2 cavalier then a Corsa, my 3 cav then a Corsa then my vectra c for 7 years. Decided as I was doing a 60 mile round trip each day I needed a diesel so got another Corsa but after 2 years I got rid for my previous insignia and now this one. For me as Mark says it's the road presence but also the comfort side of things. I figure I spend a lot of time in the car so like the space and based on my previous Corsa there's not much difference in mpg. Corsa I was getting 58 and with the insignia I get 53. I have also used my other halves petrol mokka for a week and a new Corsa courtesy car that was a petrol and it cost me more in furl.

If it were me I would keep the siggy.

Comment

I have had many sizes of car from small to large the last small which sat along side of our Mitsubishi outlander, Merc SLK and an older A class was the Citroen C2, the C2 was great on fuel and its main purpose was the 3 mile drive to work and back, with the A Class that was for the carrying of grand kids and was easy to park in and around sheffield, the SLK I did not enjoy driving so its last resort for me (I personally must have only done 500 mile in the 5 years we had it). so every now and then the C2 was used for the weekly 50 mile trip to to Harrogate and I never felt un-safe on A1/M1 doing *0mph above limit (keeping up with the flow) anyway the outlander was replaced with Insignia, the SLK & A class replaced with Merc GLA and C2 with Renault Modus. anway Last year the Insignia went in for service and they gave me a tiny Vauxhall Adam courtesy car. it was in my opinion outright dangerous on motorway if doing anything over 60 with trucks sucking it all over the place as I passed them and not much better if I slowed down when they passed me so for me its more which make and model rather than size.

Comment

If you like the size of the siggy (i know i do and i came down from a transit) have a think about trading it to a 2L ecoflex 136, should get a bit more mpg then.

i quite like the small cars as well but i'd prefer them on winding country roads or city centres but i'd get a limo if i could justify the size.

I have 6 kids and a limo was one of the options i was looking into when getting rid of our first transit tourneo (9st) before deciding on a 3.5L nissan elgrand E51 petrol (18mpg).......i quite liked have the only type of a particular vehicle in the hospital car park where i work, just a shame theres 4 (that i know off) siggy estates in the same colour as mine there now :-(

Comment

Working...
              X