parking assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking assist

Hi parking assist continuous sound as soon as rev or forward selected checked all rear sensors they seem ok not checked forward yet. Still appears to work as in sensing but continuous sound first really annoying and have lost confidence with park assist car is 2008 insignia elite auto any ideas on fault also where is parking assist module fitted.

I had after market rear sensors on my previous Insignia, and they started to squeal continuously in heavy rain - might be worthwhile checking the seals on the sensors?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hello Kettle . As per Peter H .
      But also have you tried the old computer trick ? I.e. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins then reconnect it .
      Make sure you don't close the drivers door whilst battery is disconnected . Then once reconnected re-set windows ( display will tell you to ) and any other pieces of equipment.
      See how that goes .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by kettle View Post
        Hi parking assist continuous sound as soon as rev or forward selected checked all rear sensors they seem ok not checked forward yet. Still appears to work as in sensing but continuous sound first really annoying and have lost confidence with park assist car is 2008 insignia elite auto any ideas on fault also where is parking assist module fitted.
        Had same on mine. Was an easy sort in the end. I posted a thread on it.

Comment

hi thanks but cant find your thread only one I can find is about using opcom on windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by kettle View Post
            hi thanks but cant find your thread only one I can find is about using opcom on windows 7.
            Think its been removed.
            Putting it in a short term I had all same symptoms as you. I putchased new sensors,sprayed and lacquered ready to install. When I removed bumpers and took out sensors I noticed there was no hole visible on bumper. Sensors where same colour as bumper with a bit of surface corrosion on them. New sensors need to be programmed so I clean up old ones. Put holes through bumper and fitted old sensors back in and they are still working to this day. When vx fit in factory the sensors are sprayed before they are put in bumper. Only problem is when they spray the bumper the paint does not adhere properly to the glossed sensors so overtime the 2 separate layers of paint separate. This gives an airline crack that moisture gets into creating false readings and errors.
            Mines working still with no errors.

Comment

Working...
            X