Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New battery

Hi all,

I have a question about a new battery for my siggy. The old one (original) died, so I had it replaced with Exide 80A one. But than s&s started to fail. First a few weeks ago I had it measured and it was full. But last week I had it checked with mechanics and there was an error showing - battery not full. The alternator is working fine. We had the battery charged overnight, s&s started to work again, but after a day and a half open roda/ city combination it's not working again...

So I would like to get another battery under warranty...

What manufacturer and type do you recommend?

I have 2014 cdti/ecoflex 120kw...

Thnx!

Mine had a 95aH in it. Make sure it is an AGM battery (suitable for cars with start/stop)

Comment

It is AGM. It was working in the beginning for a week or so...and again after recharging...I now think that the battery is maybe faulty...

Comment

I had this issue with mine. Put new battery in it. Stop start still stopped working after a week

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          I had this issue with mine. Put new battery in it. Stop start still stopped working after a week
          You bought replacement battery or the original?

Comment

Replacement, the original had some dead cells. I had a service battery charging system message come up.

As you can see i get 14.7v with engine running.

Maybe it is the alternator. They are smart alternators and only give out necessary power when required.

Never got to the bottom of it sold the car

Comment

I know when you put in a new battery you have to go to mechanics to register a new battery with ECU.

Comment

I replaced mine with a 95amp one[Hanhook] AGM and I didn't need to register the battery to the ECU--just changed the battery and reset the windows----have heard of this procedure but i'm not sure which models it covers--plus you should replace the battery for one that will be ok for the s/s system--bigger the amp's the better----Dave

Comment

Remember stop start is female, only works when everything is right. This hot weather, air con working harder, kills most ss

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes, I know this xD
                    When the car was hooked on diagnostics - it said battery low. And yesterday it worked for half a day. A/C was on. I first suspected that A/C was causing the problem, or coolant but, in the same outside conditions, s&s is behaving differently:\

Comment

Originally posted by majestic12 View Post
                      Yes, I know this xD
                      When the car was hooked on diagnostics - it said battery low. And yesterday it worked for half a day. A/C was on. I first suspected that A/C was causing the problem, or coolant but, in the same outside conditions, s&s is behaving differently:\
                      As mine does

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Remember stop start is female, only works when everything is right.
                        Well the ss didn't work at all on mine when I first got it at a year old. 3 weeks in someone tail-ended me - minor paint damage, but the ss has worked perfectly since then. Obviously needed a kick up the @rse... Just saying
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                          Well the ss didn't work at all on mine when I first got it at a year old. 3 weeks in someone tail-ended me - minor paint damage, but the ss has worked perfectly since then. Obviously needed a kick up the @rse... Just saying

Comment

Working...
                          X