No announcement yet.

Insignia Tourer 2011 160BHP Problem Crank Shaft, loss Power, Instant Cut Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Tourer 2011 160BHP Problem Crank Shaft, loss Power, Instant Cut Out

Hi
    I have owned my Insignia for 9 Years, about 2 weeks ago the engine sounded a bit noisy, I entered a round about and as I was exiting, the car totally dies, no power steering, no lights. I pulled over and tried to start the engine, it was a bit ropey but after a few mins it started, limped home with limited power. The car seemed fine for 2 weeks, and then did it again on a duel carriage way (very dangerous). Took it to a mechanic who said it sounds like injectors, so as he suggested I put some cleaner in.
    The noise got louder (like a bucket of bolts) so I took it back to him and he said he will take a look when he gets back from holiday, did a search on Google and it seems after a Cam belt change (4 months ago) it can develop a fault when oil stops getting to the Crank Shaft. A friend of mine said this is a common fault and the engine is gone.
    I have put the car on Gumtree for £850 and someone has offered me £400 for it, I don't want to send the car to the garage if it is not this fault.
    I also after the cam belt, water pump change been getting low Oil pressure warnings to which I ignored thinking it was normal.
    The car has 113000 miles.
    Has anyone also has this happen
    Many Thanks
    Peter

The Low Oil Pressure warnings are the Warning your engine is about to die. Cam belt change has nothing to do with the problem. A £2 seal on the oil pick up pipe is to blame. Inadequate design. Though as I've said before 2 dealers here in the ROI have never changed (as of 2 years ago) an oil pick up seal on an Opel vehicle, but have sold plenty over the counter?

Comment

A shame to see a good car to go for £400

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      The Low Oil Pressure warnings are the Warning your engine is about to die. Cam belt change has nothing to do with the problem. A £2 seal on the oil pick up pipe is to blame. Inadequate design. Though as I've said before 2 dealers here in the ROI have never changed (as of 2 years ago) an oil pick up seal on an Opel vehicle, but have sold plenty over the counter?

Do you think I should sell the car for £400, it is in very good condition, I have just ordered a 2018 plate Tourer and hope these don't have the same problems, I have had many of the problems other owners of these cars have had, turbo pipe, power steering pipe, coolant leak from plastic part.
      Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peter.carroll View Post
        Do you think I should sell the car for £400, it is in very good condition, I have just ordered a 2018 plate Tourer and hope these don't have the same problems, I have had many of the problems other owners of these cars have had, turbo pipe, power steering pipe, coolant leak from plastic part.
        Many Thanks
        It happened to mine last month, gutted

Comment

Originally posted by peter.carroll View Post
          Many Thanks
          Usually people break the car and sell the bits as they get more money from parts than the actual car. To have kept your car for 9 years you done amazing . Don't know how you have kept it this long. Most people served time and out by then .

Comment

Hi all
            Does anyone have experience with the newer models, as I had 9 years I have just bought a 2018 Tourer VX-Line Nav, not got it yet though, do they still have around 5 faults that nearly always occur.
            In the end I sold the full car for £650 on Gumtree.

Comment

Hi All
              Just to give an update to my Poorly 2011 insignia, went for £650 on Gumtree, now had my 2018 Tourer, VX-Line Turbo Diesel for 2 weeks and man what a car, Gadgets are great and speed is fast, looks are great apart from the 20 inch alloys which I have kerbed twice in 2 days, stupid thin tyres, might change them for thicker ones.
              Friends seem to think it looks old manish but I think it looks great. Just a shame they didn't hold their prices a bit better, but overall a great car.

Comment

Working...
              X