Air con compressor..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con compressor..

Went to get my aircon regased and the garage told me my compressor was probably dead, never kicked in on any settings, waited 10 minutes and revved the engine and put gas in and still warm as anything.

Has anyone got any ideas on possible fixes or possible cost of a replacement?

Thank you

So they didn't do a vacuum test before adding the refrigerant ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      So they didn't do a vacuum test before adding the refrigerant ?
      Nope, definitely not. But it appeared to have gas and just wasn’t kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
        Nope, definitely not. But it appeared to have gas and just wasn’t kicking in.
        I would get a 2nd opinion mate,,they sound like they haven't a clue what they doing,,,old refrigerant is supposed to be safely removed,,,the ac system is then put on a vacuum test for 10/15 mins,,,then if no leaks,its refilled,,,if theres a leak theyre not supposed to regas it,,,not good stuff to let into the atmosphere,,,not that im an environmenatalist,,,but shows how piss poor some,,so called proffesionals are
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          I would get a 2nd opinion mate,,they sound like they haven't a clue what they doing,,,old refrigerant is supposed to be safely removed,,,the ac system is then put on a vacuum test for 10/15 mins,,,then if no leaks,its refilled,,,if theres a leak theyre not supposed to regas it,,,not good stuff to let into the atmosphere,,,not that im an environmenatalist,,,but shows how piss poor some,,so called proffesionals are
          Yeah it was literally a young guy with a can of refrigerant.

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
            Yeah it was literally a young guy with a can of refrigerant.
            say no more ,,fecking cowboys

Comment

So... do we think a proper regas may solve my issue? I don’t think I’ve ever heard this car’s compressor come on in the last 6 months at least.

Comment

You need to get it done like Dave has said---they have to test the system out for any leaks and to see if there is any gas in the system---if the system hasn't enough gas in the system or is empty the compressor won't kick in---the system has to be pressurised for the compressor to work---my money will be on the aircon rad being holed--its the first one of three rads and gets all the road crap etc thrown at it----whereabouts are you in the UK--might help if you let us know so anyone on here might have some recommendations on who to use----leave the likes of halfrauds/kwikshite alone---go to someone who knows what they are doing------Dave

Comment

Thanks guys, I’m in Northwich

Comment

Even the likes of national tyres/Ats will do a better job than those cowboys---you could try looking for a auto aircon company in your area too-----give them a call for a price---if you are handy with the spanners you could do it yourself---I did mine not so long ago and it cost me £70 for the rad and then the regassing---but you need to get it checked out first------Dave

Comment

All of the above, if the lad came armed with a can ( spray can size ) then it could be the R134A without Hydrocarbon.
                      And also sometimes they either under or over pressurise the system .
                      Also as not normally considered, the receiver / dryer should be changed every 2 years , due to moisture within the system which should be vacuumed out the component holds moisture which is no good for the health of the system .
                      R134A comes in a calor gas sized cylinder (10-15 KG weight ) not in spray can form .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                      X