Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC issue - need help

Hi All!

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in, I couldn't find a section for HVAC

I have an AC issue and I've been advised that I need a new pump. Basically my AC is functioning, but not well. My first thought is that it needs more refrigerant, so I took it to the garage to check. I read somewhere that it needs about 600g of refrigerant and the garage confirmed this was the correct amount, but when they tried to refill it, it would only take 400g!?!?!?

The pump clutch is free running and was clicking in and out as it should, but they still couldn't get the correct amount in. Not that I doubt the garage in any way as they have a good reputation, but has anyone else come across this problem and could it be something else that has been missed? If the pump was £50, I would just replace it, but unfortunately it's £350 so I want to be as sure as possible.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Who did you take it to----there is a few threads going on about AC at the moment--you might get so info from them-----Dave

Comment

A local garage who have a good reputation

Comment

Usually is the condenser that goes on vauxhalls. Not really heard pump going. But if the garage gets the work done and still the same then they should guarantee the work and not to charge for it as it has not fixed the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Usually is the condenser that goes on vauxhalls. Not really heard pump going. But if the garage gets the work done and still the same then they should guarantee the work and not to charge for it as it has not fixed the issue.
          Garages does not work on a basis of no cure no pay, they have a effort obligation, not a result obligation, had this discussion many times with stealers and found out the answer by a lawyer. I know what you mean, they should but they don’t.

Comment

AC issue - need help

As an example: if you buy with autodoc, you can get the pump very cheap:

And if you send back your old one you get €95,00 back!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys Is the condenser the radiator at the front and if so, it has already been replaced due to a leak. Has anyone ever come across this problem before, I can't find anything on t'internet!!
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X