Tire pressure sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure sensors?

One of my tires has gone down. I have a 14 plate vx line. Should it have tire pressure sensors as nothing is coming up on the dash.

Not necessarily. I had a 14 plate that had them but I've known others not have them on a 14 plate. It only became law to fit them on all new cars from November 2014.

If you have them you should be able to toggle to the screen showing the pressures in each tyre on your driver's screen.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Mine is registered 02/14. Ive got nothing on info screen for tires. Suppose its 1 less thing to go wrong and have to fork out to get fixed.

Comment

Yeah probably haven't got it then but true...Just another thing to go wrong!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

If you look at the valve you can see if you have them instead of a straight taper you should have what looks like a nut at the base of the stem

Comment

Yer mine have the nut at the bottom but no option on the dash to check them.

Comment

transformers dark of the moon robots

Comment

Mine is the same and I don't have TPMS---not too bothered really as its less to worry about-----Dave

Comment

Oh maybe I'm wrong then nuts may not mean tpms

Comment

Not too sure myself---on the wife's Astra she has TPMS so will have to have a look tomorrow----would do it now but its phissing it down-----Dave

Comment

They look like TPMS sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                        They look like TPMS sensors
                        certainly do,,maybe the car has had a wheel swap in its life
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine is the same Dave---if you can expand this photo you will see----Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190724_102012.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	243396-----Dave

Comment

It's not the first time they've appeared on an insignia and it not have TPMS. I reckon they just did batches of wheels with tyres on the run up to the law change.

Comment

I remember when I had the new tyres fitted I asked the lads there if I had TPMS sensors and they told me that they were not--so probably whats happened is what Mark says as my car was registered in December 2013----Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X