Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourer vs hatchback

Looking to go back to another insignia.

I'm umming and ahhing about whether to get a ST or another hatchback.

Reasons for getting the ST
    - power tailgate
    - never owned an estate

That is all

Pros and cons please for both.

Thanks

Power tailgate only on the Elite?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No idea, will be getting an elite in either version. Can't be asked modding things again [emoji24]

Comment

I always wanted the hatchback before i seen my tourer on the forecourt then instantly changed my mind and went for it. The power tail gate is ok when it works properly

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          Can't be asked modding things again

OK
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Insignia st is my first diesel engine car and estate and so far I'm quite happy with it for 3 years now

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              OK
              Powerfold mirrors were a pain.

Probably just change

- wheels
              - spacers
              - springs
              - cluster
              - infotainment
              - add panaray
              - add underseat subs
              - led reverse lights

Nothing too big

Comment

Needs to be personal preference. Both look good. I don't think anything is better on one than the other(not counting the bigger loading space of the ST). My personal taste would be Hatch every time but I do like the STs. Even though they look like a hearse.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

A post on this forum was complaining about noise levels in the ST compared to the hatch back? Possibly due to the thinner load cover compared to the very thick parcel shelf.
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I've loved both estates i've had, a 2010 160 Elite and now a 1.5 GS SRi. Both are very refined, both have taken me down to France and back in comfort and i cant say i've noticed any excessive road noise at all. I run mine with no parcel shelf in as well as i've got a dog cage in the boot most of the time. I just really like having the space in the car especially when i'm lugging the sprog with everything that comes with her such as pushchair etc and then having the dog cage in as well. Other day i fetched a full height freezer from the in laws and my father in law said it wouldnt fit as it was too big....popped the seats down and it slid straight in with acres to spare. Last year we did France for 26 days and got everything in the car including space to bring back booze despite having the dog in the boot and a massive great Joie 360 spin car seat in the back.

I've properly fallen for estates now and dont think i'd have anything else these days.

Comment

Last motor was Astra J 1.6 Sri ST. Loved it. I just not sure about back end of the Insignia ST.

If I'd seen the right one, spec, price etc I'd have had one.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I have the estate as I wanted to maximise carrying capacity and think standard the EST looks nicer if you were going down the lower wider fatter route the hatch has it imo

Comment

does the tourer have a larger boot?.. I don't think it does. better if you have dogs for easier loading, but certainly don't think it is as big as the hatch

Comment

Might go for the ST, something different

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                              does the tourer have a larger boot?.. I don't think it does. better if you have dogs for easier loading, but certainly don't think it is as big as the hatch
                              For the grand sport the hatch is 490 litres compared to 560 in the estate.

Comment

Working...
                              X