Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add it will be a facelift model. Not the GS's

Comment

Much closer on those with estate edging it 540 to 530. For an estate as well the opening isn’t great so whilst it’s big enough in side sometimes you can’t get thinks in the opening!

Comment

The only thing I find a pain (literally) is the insignia estate tailgate can be set to stop at any point mine is set so I can open while car in garage but then when its on drive/in car park ect one bangs ones head on the overhanging corner (last of old model where rear lights go up with tailgate) that said I have had alot of Estates but whenever i go back to others i find I miss the ability to put large/long items in back and go back to estates.

Comment

i find I miss the ability to put large/long items in back and go back to estates.

Is that the bodies rolled up in carpets scenario?
          [emoji1787][emoji379][emoji24]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            i find I miss the ability to put large/long items in back and go back to estates.

You would be surprised at what turns up when ones not looking, like the time we went to DFS at Carcroft to take cushion back from settee ended up with caravan in tow by the time we got home, then on another outing saw ex display corner bath, credit out, payed for and in back of car within 10mins. The only thing I struggle with is 8x4 sheets of plywood but found answer I have cordless saw so now can slice down length in carpark.

Comment

The tourer might just edge the hatch on cubic capacity,but I picked up a tailgate off an ST for someone,,it went in my hatch a treat,,but it was a struggle to get into the estate when he picked it up from me
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                The tourer might just edge the hatch on cubic capacity,but I picked up a tailgate off an ST for someone,,it went in my hatch a treat,,but it was a struggle to get into the estate when he picked it up from me
                Still can't decide #hmm

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  For the grand sport the hatch is 490 litres compared to 560 in the estate.
                  I know the Grandsport or Grand Tourer rather,.. is HUGE compared to the GS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                    I know the Grandsport or Grand Tourer rather,.. is HUGE compared to the GS.
                    They changed the shape of the boot opening as well so its far better. The old one had a round bit in the top corners that actually cut in quite a bit making the opening not that big compared to the new one :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	5682300-vauxhall-insignia-sports-tourer-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	243439

Name:	6595339-vauxhall-insignia-sports-tourer-8.jpg
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	243440

Comment

saw you giving the old beast a good polish at the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                        saw you giving the old beast a good polish at the weekend
                        Machine polish, pre wax cleanse, glaze and wax. Bloody hard work .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Machine polish, pre wax cleanse, glaze and wax. Bloody hard work .
                          looked it!! hehe!!

Comment

Tourer vs hatchback

Lewish are you thinking about the new insignia or the shape before, I have the facelift and been brutally honest I don't thing the boot is that big, and I'm not talking about copacity because in real terms it means **** when you trying to fit larger items, as others have pointed the curve at the top is eating a bit of space when you look at large items but what the ST offers is sort of flat floor to some is lot easy getting things out the boot that way,and you can stuck items up with out worries about closing boot lid like you have on hatchbacks, don't know if it's just mine but they not very quiet cars, I think best bet go try one see what you think, I think the newer insignias a lot better for boot space. B I had salon/ hatchbacks and estate, now for practicality reasons I will only buy estate.

Comment

I remember trying to get an armchair in my old estate and it would have fitted fine in the actual boot but that flaming curved opening meant i couldnt actually get it in to start with. Had to get a mate who had an L200 pick up to transport it for me instead.

One thing the tourer is good for is the boot makes a great place to sit!! I'm always using it for swapping footwear when i take the dog out and when we used to be away in France we'd leave the boot open and the dog would happily lay in there for some reason!!

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	243441

Comment

Can even fit a 3’0” single divan with mattress in them!!!!!!

Did need the drivers seat a bit forward bit it proves a point

Comment

Working...
                                X