Due service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due service

Good morning, car is due an mot and service beginning of September. I seem to have misplaced the service book 😫. Is a 2014 insignia vx line with 54000 miles on the clock. What type of service is due at this stage ?
    My next question is where do I get it serviced ? My father in law is a mechanic so could do there service but unable to give me a stamp. Would I be better of going to a main dealer or another garage to get a stamp ?

I do all my servicing on my car [63 plate] and I just write down whats been done in a book I have for the car--if the car was still nearly new or under warranty then it would have to be done by a dealer or garage who can stamp the service book--but mine has none of that so I just do it myself and as I say everything is written down---done the same with my Vectra when I had it---much prefer doing it myself anyway------Dave

Comment

Where do you source your parts from ? Would it affect resale regarding the service history?

Comment

Autovaux//genuine parts search--ebay---not sure why the service history would affect the resale value--it would depend on who is buying the car---wether they want to see some history or not---people will know if you look after your car-----Dave

Comment

Perhaps get my father in law to do it and keep all receipts for the parts. Are the parts from europarts any good ? Going to get him to replace water pump aswel

Comment

Can you not ask your father in law to get the parts or even give you some advice on what to buy---as for euro with a waterpump I would be buying genuine parts----Dave

Comment

With out getting it done from a garage and not having the stamps will affect the resale value luckily I used to sell cars so I get my service done from friend who is a mechanic then go in the garage and use the stamp so win win

Comment

On a fairly new car the novelty stamp helps with the sale. But for a older car 6+ more years this don't really matter, people can provide folders of invoice of work done.

Comment

Have to agree with the above, as I say it really is only necessary with newer cars---Dave

Comment

Also what’s the intervals for the cam belt on the 2l diesel ?

Comment

Working...
                    X