Power folding mirror problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power folding mirror problem

I was enjoying my car to much so it developed a problem and it’s driving me mad at the moment, N/S mirror will not fully unfold unless I help a little with hand, don’t have to be forced or anything just gentle help, but will close no problem, on holidays at the moment so been told by wife already no spanner’s out pls [emoji19] anyway it can't be the motor or gears because would effect both function not just opening, anyone have idea or had same problem?

WD40 or some grease spray
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      WD40 or some grease spray
      Second this

Comment

i had the same issue and found a wedge of plastic impeding mine, dismantled and used a stanley knife to scrape flat , lubed and refitted , perfect now.

Comment

As said WD40 or some white spray Teflon grease, lasts better than other stuff.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks guys for advice [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              As said WD40 or some white spray Teflon grease, lasts better than other stuff.
              Have done this to mine and does cure the issue
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Turn auto fold off until you have time and tools to take closer look.

Comment

all sorted now, used spray grease and works a treat now, on another subject I know there is function on intallilink for auto fold mirrors but they won't fold unless I press button where you adjust them inside or hold the lock on remote for second so why would there be option in intallilink to auto fold them?

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                    all sorted now, used spray grease and works a treat now, on another subject I know there is function on intallilink for auto fold mirrors but they won't fold unless I press button where you adjust them inside or hold the lock on remote for second so why would there be option in intallilink to auto fold them?
                    I think it's to activate them with the fob. Even if you have to hold the button down for a second.

Untick the box and try using the fob.

Comment

Hi guys.

Have this issue on my Sig as well. Was thinking lubrication would help. Do i need to dismantle the mirror to get the lubricant to the correct location? Or just spray it inside?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSG View Post
                        Hi guys.

Have this issue on my Sig as well. Was thinking lubrication would help. Do i need to dismantle the mirror to get the lubricant to the correct location? Or just spray it inside?

Cheers
                        Just take the mirror cover off. If it doesn't work then time for a new mirror

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just go careful removing the mirror cover, and don’t snap the little clip bits like I did

Comment

Thanks guys. Will give it a shot. Any tips on how and where to pry to remove the cover?

Comment

To fit the cover it clips in from the top, so pushing it down secures all the clips etc.

So for removal gently go around the unit with a plastic pry tool to loosen and hopefully release clips, then just remember to release and work the cover upwards to get it off.

I made the mistake of pulling the cover toward me and not upward, hence why the locating clips snapped.

Comment

Working...
                              X