Vectra c 2008 power steering issue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra c 2008 power steering issue..

Firstly sorry if in the wrong thread. Couldn’t find where to post ... so my apologies admin...
    however, I do abit of trading in my spare time. I bought an 08 cdti weekend. Used it for work tonight and the steering seems to be playing up. When cold it’s hard then normal then hard then normal when turning say round a roundabout. Then when warms up gets a little easier then stiffens up again... I’ve checked fluid all seems to be on level. I’ve had the multi plug off and connectors seem clean. Sprayed WD anyhow. No difference... what could it be?? Cheers guys

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

You're on the wrong forum buddy, this is for Insignia not Vectra
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Vectra c 2008 power steering issue..

Yeah I know this but the Insignia is the cross over from the vec, and the chances of half the lads and ladies on here like me had a Vectra before an Insignia. So hence why I’m asking the lads if they ever had the issue ......

Comment

Jordan....the Vectra C power steering is electric.
        So......stiffness on start up is usually caused by a weak battery.....hence the reason it frees up after a wee while.
        So you have 2 probabilities.
        1 - battery is on its way out
        2 - the alternator is charging the way it should do.

9 times out of 10 it's the battery issue, so invest in a decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
          Firstly sorry if in the wrong thread. Couldn’t find where to post ...
          Can't help with your issue but it sounds like Rab might be on to something.

Normally it would go in Members other cars section but I'll leave it here for a bit because general chat gets more traffic so more chance of help.
          Last edited by marko301; 01-08-2019, 07:22 AM.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks marko [emoji106] and rab, you the man! I was thinking the battery last night as when you start it you can hear it struggle slightly for a second until it gets that momentum to go. Cheers lads

Comment

I think that with the Vectra's and the Insignia's you have to have a good battery--its vital with these ---best getting the biggest amp one you can-----Dave

Comment

Working...
              X