Satnav screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satnav screen.

My 8" screen has my radio stations along the bottom. Making the screen smaller. I had this before but it disappeared. I have tried everything to remove them but cannot. I am sure I am being a bit thick so I am sure you guys will tell me how to do it. Regards Dave.

I'm sure you can drag the bar down to hide them. Swipe down near the top of the bar?

Comment

Is it not just a swipe down taskbar like on a windows laptop

Comment

Thanks guys you are both right. I told you I was being bit thick. As an excuse I will say That I am only a little computer literate. Regards Dave.

Comment

You can just swipe up from the central chevron at the bottom of the screen to make the radio tuning bar appear, or downwards to disappear in some apps - seems to work in navigation, phone but not in climate. It also won't totally disappear in music, but will hide or reveal additional preset channels.

One thing I noticed today that bugged me - when receiving a phone call, it's not possible to switch Aircon on or off as the phone screen dominates the display.
          Last edited by PeteH; 01-08-2019, 05:43 PM.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            One thing I noticed today that bugged me - when receiving a phone call, it's not possible to switch Aircon on or off as the phone screen dominates the display.
            I've noticed in mine that if i have the blowers on quite high and i get a phone call it automatically turns the blowers down then when the call ends they go back up to the previous setting. Quite a neat little touch. However i have also noticed that if i'm on the climate screen and i get a phone call it locks the screen there until the call ends, i cant switch screens at all either to other standard screens or back to CarPlay.

Comment

Yeah, that's my point - yesterday I'd just set off and the car was a bit stuffy, I then got a phone call, which blocked me from switching the Aircon on because there isn't a physical switch, you HAVE to do it via the touchscreen.
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah, that's my point - yesterday I'd just set off and the car was a bit stuffy, I then got a phone call, which blocked me from switching the Aircon on because there isn't a physical switch, you HAVE to do it via the touchscreen.
                I must admit that the lack of switches for the climate control is one of the few things that bothers me, much preferred the proper switches i had in my old tourer. Just a lot of messing about to do the simplest of things. I was reading a review of the new electric corsa a few weeks back and i think the lack of switches for things like this these days bothered the reviewer as well as he was rejoicing how the Corsa had proper hardware switches for things like the climate control.

The other that bothers me is having to turn the end of the stalk to turn the rear wiper on compared to the old little switch on the end of the stalk. That was simple to do with one finger without letting go of the steering wheel and felt more ergonomic whilst to turn the end of the stalk you have to twist your wrist after taking your hand of the steering wheel.

Comment

It's a shame that there is no haptic feedback from the touchscreen, like you can opt to have on a modern phone. Even better would be a way to raise parts of the screen to form virtual buttons. On the other hand, why not just provide physical buttons

On one of the motoring magazine websites I seem to remember a review that applauded the GS for losing a lot of the "visual clutter" from the previous Insignia dash. Personally I liked the array of buttons on my 2013 Insignia, and once you were familiar with the layout you could operate them without taking your eyes of the road. Try doing that with a touchscreenthead
                  (Hmmm - maybe that's why they feel it necessary to provide collision warning, lane deviation warning etc?)
                  Last edited by PeteH; 02-08-2019, 10:06 AM.
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

It's a shame that there is no haptic feedback from the touchscreen, like you can opt to have on a modern phone. Even better would be a way to raise parts of the screen to form virtual buttons. On the other hand, why not just provide physical buttons

On one of the motoring magazine websites I seem to remember a review that applauded the GS for losing a lot of the "visual clutter" from the previous Insignia dash. Personally I liked the array of buttons on my 2013 Insignia, and once you were familiar with the layout you could operate them without taking your eyes of the road. Try doing that with a touchscreenthead
                    (Hmmm - maybe that's why they feel it necessary to provide collision warning, lane deviation warning etc?)
                    Agree with you about just being able to press things without looking, i was also similar with the little jog wheel i had on my old elite, i could pretty much do stuff with it knowing how many turns etc. It also felt safer just moving my hand down to that compared to across to the screen. The centre console on a Tesla must be a nightmare with no buttons at all and basically an iPad on the screen :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	used-2016-tesla-model_s-teslamodels20165p90d-13542-18401809-19-1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	243409

Comment

Working...
                    X