Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New 4D Plates

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    am not keen on these, won't be fitting any but I have been told these are illegal,... can't see why as they do seem to meet all the criteria,.. the only plates I have seen a lot which are illegal are the tinted ones.

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav Grand Sport, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    am not keen on these, won't be fitting any but I have been told these are illegal,... can't see why as they do seem to meet all the criteria,.. the only plates I have seen a lot which are illegal are the tinted ones.
    Until I checked the BS I was unaware that plates needed a makers identification, as Marko said presumably to prevent cloning, and also to ensure consisting in design. So all those plates where the owner has had their name printed in small lettering at the bottom are also illegal.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav Grand Sport, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm getting old, am I repeating myself?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red

Car
    Insignia SRi VX-line 160 Nav
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful of the police as well illegal plates carry £100 fine.
    I got stopped about 2 years ago in my last car and they had a word as my plates didnít have manufacture postcode and bs markings.
    I apologised and said I wasnít aware and Iíd get them changed which I did and 2 weeks later the same officer pulled up in front of the car as I was parking at the supermarket had a look and gave me a thumbs up and went on his way.

5. Likes RBH liked
    Racing Driver
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told today while getting my plates made that they're sending out fines now without even stopping you. They do it all through their ANPR cameras. They're looking for spacing, none reflective and missing makers name.

Big brother is watching
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18Ē powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driverís AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8Ē colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Sri Nav Cdti Ecoflex 163--its certainly not a farting tortoise.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet I see the same cars day in day out driving around with totally illegal plates---one car in our local asda has had the same illegal plates on for years????-----Dave

8. Likes RBH liked
    Deep fried Mars bar Enthusiast RBH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1419 View Post
    And yet I see the same cars day in day out driving around with totally illegal plates---one car in our local asda has had the same illegal plates on for years????-----Dave
    Agreed Dave.....plates half the required size, different styles of font,
    Letters moved to make names, letters/numbers altered to look like something else........and all get away Scot free

10. Likes Dave1419 liked

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3