User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is the same and when you put clutch down just a little bit im getting a slight vibration through it

mine is booked in on tuesday for third time,the first two times i was fobbed off

first time in was at 7k miles then 17k now just about to go to 20 k miles i want it sorting now

i will come back once dealer looked at it on tuesday and tell whot happened

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is the same and when you put clutch down just a little bit im getting a slight vibration through it

mine is booked in on tuesday for third time,the first two times i was fobbed off

first time in was at 7k miles then 17k now just about to go to 20 k miles i want it sorting now

i will come back once dealer looked at it on tuesday and tell whot happened

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had call from garage today to say car sorted,they said gear linkage been re aligned and was fine now,so off i went to pick it up and low and behold no change.so back into dealers they said no further fault found,got mechanic out of garage to take another look and he said yes can feel a slight judder on clutch but was not allowed to change dmf due to not been bad enough so said run it a bit longer till it gets worse and bring it back so im not happy but dont know whot to do now help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had call from garage today to say car sorted,they said gear linkage been re aligned and was fine now,so off i went to pick it up and low and behold no change.so back into dealers they said no further fault found,got mechanic out of garage to take another look and he said yes can feel a slight judder on clutch but was not allowed to change dmf due to not been bad enough so said run it a bit longer till it gets worse and bring it back so im not happy but dont know whot to do now help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon R, on 22 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:
    here's an update a few months on. Car continued to be a problem, with variable bite point and clutch feeling fierce some days and not others; bite point seemed to change day to day. Had service just before warranty ran out and steelers predictably "no fault found". So investigated myself - check the obvious first and solved it. Clutch pedal return spring is a symmetrical torsion spring, with an anchor point on both sides of the pedal stem which the spring end sits in. One end was not engaged in the anchor so the spring was skewed, sticking sometimes and giving varying levels of return force. Fairly easy to re-engage once you get into the right position. So - got it sorted, added a bit of vaseline and the cluch feels completely different. Suspect it had been like this for a long time, certainly for the year since i bought it. Don't know if it has damaged the pedal main pivot or clutch. i guess time will tell.

Anyway - a completely different car now - clutch is entirely normal and bite point right where it should be. Really pleased with the fix; kicking myself for not looking earlier and assuming steelers had checked this.

Well done mate. The people at VX dealers are muppets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon R, on 22 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:
    here's an update a few months on. Car continued to be a problem, with variable bite point and clutch feeling fierce some days and not others; bite point seemed to change day to day. Had service just before warranty ran out and steelers predictably "no fault found". So investigated myself - check the obvious first and solved it. Clutch pedal return spring is a symmetrical torsion spring, with an anchor point on both sides of the pedal stem which the spring end sits in. One end was not engaged in the anchor so the spring was skewed, sticking sometimes and giving varying levels of return force. Fairly easy to re-engage once you get into the right position. So - got it sorted, added a bit of vaseline and the cluch feels completely different. Suspect it had been like this for a long time, certainly for the year since i bought it. Don't know if it has damaged the pedal main pivot or clutch. i guess time will tell.

Anyway - a completely different car now - clutch is entirely normal and bite point right where it should be. Really pleased with the fix; kicking myself for not looking earlier and assuming steelers had checked this.

Well done mate. The people at VX dealers are muppets.

Drift King

Car
    2013 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His post was 3yrs ago Alan
    ​2013 SRi nav BiTurbo SRi leather,40mm lower, AFL retrofit headlights with bi-xenon projectors.VX line 20s. Drilled & Grooved Mtec brakes. Irmscher grill. VX line body kit,steering wheel and gearknob. Vibe 1050 watt sub. Reverse camera. Aluminium door pins. Team Hekos .Angel eye LED DRL in foglights with led indicators.DTUK Pedal Box .Irmscher (copy) hatch spoiler. 20mm H&R spacers .VX projector puddle lights ..Xtrons DVD headrests with digital TV.. Rear screen 5% tint,,20% tint,rear doors. Door mirror indicators.

Drift King

Car
    2013 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His post was 3yrs ago Alan
    ​2013 SRi nav BiTurbo SRi leather,40mm lower, AFL retrofit headlights with bi-xenon projectors.VX line 20s. Drilled & Grooved Mtec brakes. Irmscher grill. VX line body kit,steering wheel and gearknob. Vibe 1050 watt sub. Reverse camera. Aluminium door pins. Team Hekos .Angel eye LED DRL in foglights with led indicators.DTUK Pedal Box .Irmscher (copy) hatch spoiler. 20mm H&R spacers .VX projector puddle lights ..Xtrons DVD headrests with digital TV.. Rear screen 5% tint,,20% tint,rear doors. Door mirror indicators.