Clutch Bite and stiff gear change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Bite and stiff gear change

mine is the same and when you put clutch down just a little bit im getting a slight vibration through it

mine is booked in on tuesday for third time,the first two times i was fobbed off

first time in was at 7k miles then 17k now just about to go to 20 k miles i want it sorting now

i will come back once dealer looked at it on tuesday and tell whot happened

mine is the same and when you put clutch down just a little bit im getting a slight vibration through it

mine is booked in on tuesday for third time,the first two times i was fobbed off

first time in was at 7k miles then 17k now just about to go to 20 k miles i want it sorting now

i will come back once dealer looked at it on tuesday and tell whot happened

Comment

had call from garage today to say car sorted,they said gear linkage been re aligned and was fine now,so off i went to pick it up and low and behold no change.so back into dealers they said no further fault found,got mechanic out of garage to take another look and he said yes can feel a slight judder on clutch but was not allowed to change dmf due to not been bad enough so said run it a bit longer till it gets worse and bring it back so im not happy but dont know whot to do now help!!!!

Comment

had call from garage today to say car sorted,they said gear linkage been re aligned and was fine now,so off i went to pick it up and low and behold no change.so back into dealers they said no further fault found,got mechanic out of garage to take another look and he said yes can feel a slight judder on clutch but was not allowed to change dmf due to not been bad enough so said run it a bit longer till it gets worse and bring it back so im not happy but dont know whot to do now help!!!!

Comment

Simon R, on 22 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:
          here's an update a few months on. Car continued to be a problem, with variable bite point and clutch feeling fierce some days and not others; bite point seemed to change day to day. Had service just before warranty ran out and steelers predictably "no fault found". So investigated myself - check the obvious first and solved it. Clutch pedal return spring is a symmetrical torsion spring, with an anchor point on both sides of the pedal stem which the spring end sits in. One end was not engaged in the anchor so the spring was skewed, sticking sometimes and giving varying levels of return force. Fairly easy to re-engage once you get into the right position. So - got it sorted, added a bit of vaseline and the cluch feels completely different. Suspect it had been like this for a long time, certainly for the year since i bought it. Don't know if it has damaged the pedal main pivot or clutch. i guess time will tell.

Anyway - a completely different car now - clutch is entirely normal and bite point right where it should be. Really pleased with the fix; kicking myself for not looking earlier and assuming steelers had checked this.

Well done mate. The people at VX dealers are muppets.

Comment

Simon R, on 22 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:
            here's an update a few months on. Car continued to be a problem, with variable bite point and clutch feeling fierce some days and not others; bite point seemed to change day to day. Had service just before warranty ran out and steelers predictably "no fault found". So investigated myself - check the obvious first and solved it. Clutch pedal return spring is a symmetrical torsion spring, with an anchor point on both sides of the pedal stem which the spring end sits in. One end was not engaged in the anchor so the spring was skewed, sticking sometimes and giving varying levels of return force. Fairly easy to re-engage once you get into the right position. So - got it sorted, added a bit of vaseline and the cluch feels completely different. Suspect it had been like this for a long time, certainly for the year since i bought it. Don't know if it has damaged the pedal main pivot or clutch. i guess time will tell.

Anyway - a completely different car now - clutch is entirely normal and bite point right where it should be. Really pleased with the fix; kicking myself for not looking earlier and assuming steelers had checked this.

Well done mate. The people at VX dealers are muppets.

Comment

His post was 3yrs ago Alan
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

His post was 3yrs ago Alan
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                X