Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to change Navi unit display? 2014 Insignia

Hi guys,

Have recently bought an Insignia but it has the small display(see first image).

Is it possible to change the display to the larger screen(see second image), and is it much work/worth doing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	navi1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	249175

Click image for larger version

Name:	navi2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	249174

Hi, yeah but it's not a case of just changing to a bigger screen. The unit has to be changed. You can go down two routes. Either after market or retro. The latter is quite costly and means you need to get things programmed. The after market route is more or less a straight swap but my experience in my previous insignia which had the same small R400 screen was you lost the radio info from the driver's screen and DAB wasn't anywhere near as good as factory DAB.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You need......

HMI and CD player, which needs programming to your car.
      You also need a custom loom to retro fit it.

I'm in the process ( hopefully ) of doing this mod.
      I've got the screen and touchpad, so I'm waiting on the guru for the relevant stuff I need to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        You need......

HMI and CD player, which needs programming to your car.
        You also need a custom loom to retro fit it.

I'm in the process ( hopefully ) of doing this mod.
        I've got the screen and touchpad, so I'm waiting on the guru for the relevant stuff I need to finish it.
        And the radio module..

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Working...
        X