Low oil pressure insignia, IV now got a vectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
    Check on Vectra-c forum, but if I remember correctly there was no way of adding cheap aux cable to cd30 none mp3
    I'm not fussed on aux cable anyway, I had aux in my insignia dvd800 nav and in my opinion the loudness was crap, I didn't think much of the quality , I don't mind CDs anyway, I may buy a faceoff in time or even something with a usb like I had in the insignia

Comment

If you buy a CD70 NAV system (paired screen and head unit), it's a decent upgrade from the CD30. If you get a later version of the CD70, some of them had an aux-in port, and if not, they can be added I believe. Not easy though, soldering of components involved.

For the nav aspect, you don't have to bother with the proper roof aerial, you can just buy a wee standalone fakra type effort and chuck it in the unused position in the centre of the dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
        If you buy a CD70 NAV system (paired screen and head unit), it's a decent upgrade from the CD30. If you get a later version of the CD70, some of them had an aux-in port, and if not, they can be added I believe. Not easy though, soldering of components involved.

For the nav aspect, you don't have to bother with the proper roof aerial, you can just buy a wee standalone fakra type effort and chuck it in the unused position in the centre of the dashboard.
        Ok mate , I think IL just leave it as it is for now, I never bothered with the sat nav on the insignia as it was way out of date , I just use Waze on my phone,

Comment

The clutch on this Vectra is very light to press down , compared to my insignia, is that ok ? Is it meant to be easy , I suppose it's just coz it's a diff car

Comment

It's a different car . every car is different even those of same make and model .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              It's a different car . every car is different even those of same make and model .
              Yeah suppose mate

Comment

Ok so yesterday afternoon I decided to give my new car a wash and a polish, there were little black marks all round and thankfully polished out , here it is

Comment

So this morning was the very first drive of the Vectra, very quiet engine for a diesel and a lovely ride but it seems to be lacking in power, it's not in limp mode and it it did accelerate just took its time, not sure if it's coz it was cold, only drove it for 6 mins, I had a quick read it's sometimes the boost valve pipes perish, and changing them transforms the car, also the swirl flaps I've read , hmmm will look later after work

Comment

oh you gone with blast from the past.
                    Those engines are bulletproof. And very fast engines. The slowest could be issue with clogged egr valve and other sensors require cleaning

Comment

I wouldn't bother updating it to the CD70, but saying that you can get a cheapo paired CD70 with CID screen, you can there have a nice top colour screen that is bit more informative than the orange dot matrix display and then replace the cd70 with an android system

Comment

With that engine you need to wind it up a bit 2500+ then it fly's when I had my 160 insignia it was more responsive at lower revs .
                        But if no EML . then . just give the EGR .MAF.MAP.and inlet manifold a quick going over.

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

With that engine you need to wind it up a bit 2500+ then it fly's when I had my 160 insignia it was more responsive at lower revs .
                          But if no EML . then . just give the EGR .MAF.MAP.and inlet manifold a quick going over.
                          Ok I've never done them before , any how tos

Comment

Never had to wind it up on mine. Lots of power starting from 2000rpm.

Comment

Ok so took the engine cover off to look at the swirl valves , the rod doesn't seem to be attached, also the little pipe for the turbo or boost valve is perished , what do I do now ?

Comment

The swirl flaps are joined together by a bar , and they are below the fuel rail deep down between the inlet manifold and rear most part of cylinder head see pic below
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	243442
                                Also the boost controls valve is normally on the bonnet slam panel and hoses go,down to turbo solinoid .
                                If you could pan out a bit on the photo so there's a bit more of a chance of knowing where you are looking .

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X