Low oil pressure insignia, IV now got a vectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure insignia, IV now got a vectra

Hi guys as some of you will know my insignia had the dredded low oil pressure , cut a long story short it's just parked up in my parents drive, so I seen a Vectra 1.9cdti 150 in Manchester for sale and bought it, sounds really quiet for a diesel, but do these engines suffer the same oil pressure fault, and also is there anything I should know about this engine just to give me the heads up, my last Vectra Sri was the 120bhp and that was still going strong at 190 thou when I sold it ,here's the new veccy

Bazza that was a sad version of events that happened to youhoo
    With the 150 or 120 engines you have no problems with low oil pressure
    Trust me I run a 150 Saab 9-3 and I've had a few and they are bomb proof
    All you have to be weary of is the dreaded swirl flaps but you would soon know and there are work arounds that .
    But don't worry ,
    Enjoy that engine cos it's very torqueie ( bad English I know ) , and it shifts .
    Lovely car might I say .
    Ooooooo and it's got the irmi rear spoiler if I'm not mistaken.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah it's irmsher on the boot like a chrome strip, but what are the little black plastic bits at the back of the wheels, like a mud flap but it's not actually a mud flap, I've never seen them before , oh right ok so just the usual clutch and flywheel for the change, is there any symptoms of the clutch or flywheel going

Comment

Here's the rear end , it's 110 thousand miles and full service history, belt was changed at 45 thou so I suppose it will need changing soon

Comment

Yes get cambelt.waterpump and tensioner changed toot sweet . clutch DMF . wearing out normally on those the DMF starts to rattle a bit at idle if you press the clutch pedal down it disappears.but I've known some go for thousands of miles with that noise .DMF always goes wobbly first way before the clutch starts to wear .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
            Hi guys as some of you will know my insignia had the dredded low oil pressure , cut a long story short it's just parked up in my parents drive, so I seen a Vectra 1.9cdti 150 in Manchester for sale and bought it, sounds really quiet for a diesel, but do these engines suffer the same oil pressure fault, and also is there anything I should know about this engine just to give me the heads up, my last Vectra Sri was the 120bhp and that was still going strong at 190 thou when I sold it ,here's the new veccy
            As Lizzard said, main thing is the swirl flaps and make sure the timing belt and water pump is done. I recommend water pump change every 50k as this is what seizes and throws the timing belt. You can check the swirl flaps by lifting the engine cover and looking at the back of the manifold. If the swirl bar has fallen off you can get a kit off fleabay for about £30 to re-attach. Very good motors, I have an Elite as well as the Insignia and that's on 140k and pulls like a train.

EGR can also be problematic. I have a partial blanking plate on mine. You can fully blank them but would need programming out of the ECU as it would throw up errors.

I would also recommend purchasing Opcom so you can read and diagnose faults yourself. They're about £30 and you can get it through Koicarpkeeper on the VauxhallOwners forum. Benefit from buying from him is he provides support if you have any problems though mine has been trouble free on a Windows 7 laptop

One last thing to check, the rear passenger footwell............see if its wet!!
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Some tips and tricks that may / may not work:

1 - Windows go up and down holding buttons on keyfob (and if folding mirrors they will fold/unfold).
              2 - Disconnect speak in boot for alarm to have horn go off instead
              3 - Open drivers door and flash headlights and the lights and reverse lights will stay on for 30secs
              4 - If you have sight and light pack the windows go up themselves if it rains while your out of the car.
              5 - Sit in the car hold the lock button on the key and lock button on the door for about 10seconds/beep occurs for anti-hijack
              6 - rear windscreen wiper sweeps when in reverse when front wipers are on (On estate: Rear wiper runs at half the speed of front wipers (twice the interval). When running rear wiper only you can change the rear wiper speed by adjusting the interval knob)
              7 - If 1 of your brake lights fail the ECU uses another bulb in the cluster(red 1 of course)
              8 - If you have electric memory seats then the car remembers the position of the seat, door mirrors and internal mirror for each key fob and adjusts them all back to that setting when each key unlocks the car.
              9 - Parking lights
              The front parking light and tail light of one side of the vehicle can be activated when parking:
              1. Set light switch to 0 or AUTO .
              2. Ignition off.
              3. Move turn signal stalk all the way up (right parking light) or down (left parkinglight).
              An acoustic signal sounds and control indicator <> illuminates briefly in the instrument cluster to indicate activation.
              Remove the ignition key before leaving the vehicle.
              To switch it off, switch on the ignition or move the turn signal stalk in the opposite direction.
              10 - Press auto switch on ECC after you stopped the engine, it will activate residual aircondition.
              11 - Hold the 'SETTINGS' or 'MAIN' button for 10 seconds/until a beep is heard on the stereo and then press it to cycle through the hidden screens
              12 - If you don’t have a TC switch then this may work on your car, it does on mine... With the engine running flick the ignition off and on quickly so it still runs. All the normal warning lights come on and then go off except the TC light this stays on and voila! TC is off!!
              13 - On full CANBUS cars, when the fuel is low and !!RANGE!! appears, hold the round selector wheel down on the steering wheel to acknowledge the message and get your normal info display back.
              (this works with other info, such as low washer fluid level aswell.)
              14 - Radio Ignition On Logic is programmed per key.
              15 - One-press unlock can be programmed similar to 5 above, but use Unlock button on the key fob.
              16 - Wipers can be set to a vertical position after switching off the ignition (hold down the wiper stalk for a few seconds I think release when they are in the right position).
              17 - If you unlock the car but do not open a door or the boot within about a minute the car will lock it's self again
              18 - Remember Duncan posting this. If you have climate control, and you press in the rotating fan button, you get the option to adjust where the air blows.
              19 - For cars with Bluetooth and climate control-if the fan is set to auto and you recieve or make a call the fan will blow more quietly. Also works with some aftermarket handsfree kits when the headunit is on mute.
              20 - Dualzone climate temp sync: when both temp-regulators are at same temp, push the drivers regulator once. Then you will get same temperature on both sides as long as you only adjust with the drivers knob. Handy when you mainly use the car alone. As soon as the passengers knob is used, the sync will stop and reverting back to normal operation.
              21 - Passenger side mirror to flip down when reverse: For models with seats with memory: When button for adjusting passenger side mirror is selected in drivers door panel, the mirror will flip down when reversing, and of course going back to normal position when not reversing.
              22 - When you want to cruise outside England, just put any maxi fuse in the 37 slot of the engine bay fuse box. This will switch your headlights as if the car was a left hand drive. (Only works with AFL option, but you might try with the other versions too).
              23 - If like me you found the rain sensor not working to well, just open the plastic casing behind the rear view mirror and disconnect the plug....this will return the wipers to normal operating mode (i.e. you can adjust to how often you want them to come on with the roller)
              24 - If, like me, you lose one touch window open/close overnight, sit in car with ignition on, lower each window, close window then hold button for three sconds once closed. Hey presto, one touch open/close reinstated.
              25 - If you want side lights and front fogs on only, switch on headlights, switch on front fogs then switch back to sidelights. Doesn't work other way round, (ie sidelights first then front fogs).
              26 - If you press and hold the unlock button on the key fob and the lock button on the drivers door until the bleep, it changes your settings to unlock all doors instead of just the drivers door (this then corrisponds with nr. 5 and unlocks all the doors and not just the drivers door also )
              27 - When in a emergency or hard braking situation and the ABS is close/activated the rear brake lights will flash 4 times per second until you have come to a stop to alert other drivers of your situation. (On prefacelift they dont flash, just lights up extra)
              28 - the rear heated windscreen bars are all straight,until the last bar where the rear wiper sits,in this area the bar is a wavey line to cover and de ice the rear wiper on frosty mornings.
              29 - when the car alarm is set and flashing red if someone trys to jack up the car and take the wheels off the alarm goes off.
              30 - When the washer bottle is running low, the rear window washer doesn't work. This saves the little that's left for the windscreen.
              31 - Cruise control can't be set unless the brakes have been pressed at least once since starting the car.
              32 - OK this is quite common but should at least be on this list: Fault code pedal trick.
              Want to see what fault codes your car has and don't have the little gizmo to plug in?
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

no 19,,i read this last night on here,tried today and it works,nice touch imo,,only had car over a year
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Wow nice one guys appreciate it , thanks, so apart from the obvious cambelt and tensioner ,the only main thing is the swirl flaps , what's the score with them, what do they do, I think my veccy 120 bhp didn't have them in

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                    Yeah it's irmsher on the boot like a chrome strip, but what are the little black plastic bits at the back of the wheels, like a mud flap but it's not actually a mud flap, I've never seen them before , oh right ok so just the usual clutch and flywheel for the change, is there any symptoms of the clutch or flywheel going
                    They are indeed the proper moulded mudflaps, it's just what VX made available for the Vectra.

I had them on my old one too, they look a lot better if you have them colour coded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dec_2013 (8).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	243411

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                      They are indeed the proper moulded mudflaps, it's just what VX made available for the Vectra.

I had them on my old one too, they look a lot better if you have them colour coded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1837[/ATTACH]

Oh nice one puppet, yeah that looks spot on mate, I will def be colour coding

Comment

Look like yours is a 06 model year , so the swirl flap bar might well of been upgraded to metal clips rather than the horrible plastic version that use to break and fall apart .
                        Go for the partial EGR blanking plate .
                        I did and no errors and improves midrange performance somewhat .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          Look like yours is a 06 model year , so the swirl flap bar might well of been upgraded to metal clips rather than the horrible plastic version that use to break and fall apart .
                          Go for the partial EGR blanking plate .
                          I did and no errors and improves midrange performance somewhat .
                          Ok and yeah 06 it is mate , what is the partial blank ? And can I do it myself, also would it need to be deleted off the software ?

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            no 19,,i read this last night on here,tried today and it works,nice touch imo,,only had car over a year
                            Does same with android auto, when you speak to Google to change music, ring or text someone it turns everything down so nice and quiet .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

No-1 windows ---- I tried doing the windows but it didn't work , it did on my insignia

Comment

Working...
                              X