Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 2.0 CDTI Engine randomly stalls when coming to a stop with the AC on

Hi everyone!
    I have a problem with my 2011 Insignia, 2.0 CDTI 160.

When in neutral and coasting( to come to a stop for example), with the AC on, the engine sometimes just simply cuts out. I can replicate the issue if I go in 1st, then 2nd gear and then neutral and slowly break and coast; this will stall the engine 2 out of 10 times approximately.
    Another thing that happens is that, if the engine does not simply stall, the revs are jumping around between 800-1200, sometimes settling, sometimes not. The revs would sometimes drop to under 800, and unless I completely stop the car so the wheels are not turning anymore or accelerate further, the revs would just go lower and lower as I slowly coast until the engine stalls.

With the AC off, the revs are jumpy as well, but not as much and I haven't been able to stall the engine.

I have started to notice this immediately after I have changed the compressor and condenser for the AC, as they were broken when I bought the car.
    I have recently replaced again the AC compressor, condenser, expansion valves, belt, flushed the system..all because the workshop and I suspected that the AC somehow is the culprit. But now that the AC system is all new, the pressure is correct and the oil in the compressor is at the right amount, I do not know what else causes this behavior.

I have also changed the air filters, battery and will change the fuel filter and the an oil change on Monday( it is time for it anyways), to see if maybe the fuel filter is at fault.

There are no fault codes on the car.

Has anyone experienced something similar or has any idea what could cause this?

Here is a link to a video where I caught it happening ( in the video the rpm's drop faster than usual):

Many thanks

I have found on none UK Forum where someone had lose connection around battery area , having ac on puts additional strain so it would be more easy to stall engine then with out, others have mention fitted new fuel filter and battery, with out codes is sort of needle in hay stack but always start from basic, if you disconnected any wires ect. check all this as you saying symptoms appeared when you fixed ac.

Comment

I will change the fuel filter on Monday and see if it fixes the issue...

Comment

Working...
      X