Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon light not working

Hi all,
    A few days ago my right headlight stopped working. I've also had issues with condensation with this light. Anyway, I removed the bulb and discovered it was a D1S xenon light. I purchased a cheap one from Amazon and fit it today but it's still not working. I'm now getting a AFL service light as well.
    I'm starting to worry a bit because I've seen replacement headlight units cost £1200 which is crazy money.

Any advice appreciated
    Ollie

I had the same problem, bought bulbs but no good, got a new ballast from eBay, €118, came from Germany, it was Hella so good brand.
    It fixed the problem but the guy that fitted it didn't fix the condensation problem and it only lasted 6 weeks.
    I ordered another but haven't fitted it yet, I will fit it myself and try to find where the water is getting in.
    2nd hand headlights are around £350.
    Bloody fancy lights, I may go back to halogen lights if it comes to it.

Comment

It was one similar to this that I bought -
      Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Hella 5DV009720-001 Head Lamp (Other Parts) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

not good design on the pre facelift,as the ballast is underneath the headlight,,Vauxhall must have known this too,as on facelift they've moved it to the side of light
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

All the condensation runs right down the circuits and in to the ballast. I'll be using more silicon that Jordan next time I change the ballast.

Comment

Is there a way of going back to halogen lights ? Presumably I wouldn't need to worry about the ballast failing then

Comment

Originally posted by Dayloon View Post
              Is there a way of going back to halogen lights ? Presumably I wouldn't need to worry about the ballast failing then
              No,,your car will come up with errors on dash for lights
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Darn. I guess I'll have to book it in to get the ballast replaced and fix the condensation problem. Gotta be cheaper than a new headlight unit

Comment

Originally posted by Dayloon View Post
                  Darn. I guess I'll have to book it in to get the ballast replaced and fix the condensation problem. Gotta be cheaper than a new headlight unit
                  Easy to DIY,, save you some ££££s ,just tilt bumper forward,and remove light

Comment

I've contacted a garage who have told me it'll definitely require a new headlight unit. I'm not sure why that would be the case though. Is it easy enough to find the source of the condensation?

Comment

Working...
                    X