Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat pedals steering wheel distance

First post 🤘

Anyhow, am I the only one that finds the 2018 modell to have an uncomfortable long distance from the seat to steering wheel, without sitting too close to the pedals?

Tried to adjust seat upwards and tilted up in front to get closer to steering wheel without needing to have legs "floating" when in normal driving position. But result is that you loose connection with elbows to mid car armrest and door armrest as I'm sitting so tall in the cockpit. So not optimal.

Is it just me that can't figure this out? Or do I have too long legs compared with short arms 🤣

Hi, do you mean you're sat to far away from the steering wheel? If so. it adjusts. You just pull the lever down underneath it and move it closer then push the lever back up to lock it in position.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I was going to post the same. I can't even reach the touch screen without leaning forward. If i put the seat nearer my legs/feet are too close to the pedals. As far as sitting high up, the seat should be adjustable up/down as well as forward/back. mine is electrically controlled with switch

Comment

When I first got my GS I found the extending part of the seat squab really irritated me, but 6 months down the line I don't even notice it. I think it just takes time for you to adjust to the layout of a new car (although I still don't understand why the foglight controls are located where they are - can't see them at all if steering straight ahead, as they are obscured by the thick spokes of the steering wheel)

Oh, and welcome to the best forum on the interweb, by the way
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
        X