Turbo flutter noise service vehicle soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo flutter noise service vehicle soon

Hi I new to this could you advise. I have an insignia 61 plate 2.0 diesel I have replaced the boost control valve, intercooler hose both plastic and rubber and also egr valve, when engine at temp if I push it. It makes a turbo flutter noise had it plugged into a diagnostic machine at a garage no codes come on

Have you had the turbo oil feed pipe off ---just to check that the turbo is getting oil fed to it--what oil have you got in the engine----Dave

Comment

Not had anything off yet but will have a look what oil I have in as only just got car spent 450 on it so far and struggling to get any where. Originally I thought it was the boost hose etc but to no avail. Hopefully will get it sorted as supposed to be going to Scotland next month ��

Comment

With these engines you have to use the correct oils, dexos 2,--5w 30 and it really pays to get the correct oil, vauxhall dexos 2 and shell helix dexos 2 are normally the best, get my shell oils from euro but they do sometimes have some good deals, autovaux/genuine parts search (same company) for your VX oils and filters which should be changed at least twice a year.. - - - Dave

Comment

Would that cause turbo flutter an svc vehicle soon light

Comment

The service vehicle soon light can be brought on with a number of faults, the main one I believe is the glow plugs which are a common problem, but you need to get the fault codes read with a decent code reader, but the glow plugs are a first place to check - - Dave

Comment

It's not on from when I start the car it does it when the car is warmed up an under load

Comment

Been into dealers they said I need a new turbo but my mechanic saying it loosing boost so he thinks it's a leak somewhere banging head of the wall at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Orang1 View Post
                  Hi I new to this could you advise. I have an insignia 61 plate 2.0 diesel I have replaced the boost control valve, intercooler hose both plastic and rubber and also egr valve, when engine at temp if I push it. It makes a turbo flutter noise had it plugged into a diagnostic machine at a garage no codes come on
                  Was the boost control valve a real branded one or a cheap copy ?

Comment

Genuine from dealers

Comment

Hello Orang1 dose it loose power if pushed ? If so have you tried some turbo cleaner in the intake side of the turbo ?
                      Could be the VNT is stuck sometimes turbo cleaner un sticks it .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Not tried will try

Comment

Working...
                        X