Water leaking into boot BUSTED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking into boot BUSTED!!

Call me a butcher bla bla bla. But two years of fudging water leaking into my boot. It’s take this long for me to loose my s**t and whip the grinder out. So tonight Mrs said boots mouldy again couldn’t put shopping in I said that is IT! shed.. grinder extension lead... into boot ripped the lot out. Got her to soak the boot on the leaking side with hose pipe and tadaaa it’s peeing in from behind the metal where I can’t see. (Drivers side). Cut a U shape in metal and bent it back. Got her to soak it again and it’s coming in the hole behind the bumper bracket. However no rivets to hand and this is getting put to rest tonight so went to town with grinder. Nobody ever gonna see it. Happy days. I’ve previously sealed the top plastic around boot lid. New boot seat. Sealed around wiring in rear light. The vent in the boot sealed that. This was the final straw! Will update in a week if my boot stays dry [emoji4] was gonna get rid of the car other week because of this. But now changed my mind .

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

think you need a tad more silicon on it
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
      Call me a butcher bla bla bla. But two years of fudging water leaking into my boot. It’s take this long for me to loose my s**t and whip the grinder out. So tonight Mrs said boots mouldy again couldn’t put shopping in I said that is IT! shed.. grinder extension lead... into boot ripped the lot out. Got her to soak the boot on the leaking side with hose pipe and tadaaa it’s peeing in from behind the metal where I can’t see. (Drivers side). Cut a U shape in metal and bent it back. Got her to soak it again and it’s coming in the hole behind the bumper bracket. However no rivets to hand and this is getting put to rest tonight so went to town with grinder. Nobody ever gonna see it. Happy days. I’ve previously sealed the top plastic around boot lid. New boot seat. Sealed around wiring in rear light. The vent in the boot sealed that. This was the final straw! Will update in a week if my boot stays dry [emoji4] was gonna get rid of the car other week because of this. But now changed my mind .

You can only get rid of it when I get mine so I can take my wheels back

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        think you need a tad more silicon on it
        Ill just put another pea sized amount on dave. Don’t wanna over do it [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
          Ill just put another pea sized amount on dave. Don’t wanna over do it [emoji23]

thatll do Jordan,,anymore than that will be overkill
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Jordan did it work. I followed your pictures and marked out the area to do the same thing getting angry with the mould.while it was sunny I cleared it all out and made sure it was dry. Then came back to it after 2 days of rain and it was wet. So I'm pretty sure mine is in the same spot. If it worked I have a dremal ready to go 😂

Comment

Originally posted by EddieCz View Post
              Jordan did it work. I followed your pictures and marked out the area to do the same thing getting angry with the mould.while it was sunny I cleared it all out and made sure it was dry. Then came back to it after 2 days of rain and it was wet. So I'm pretty sure mine is in the same spot. If it worked I have a dremal ready to go 😂
              Although a year late I had the same issue in the same place. Passenger side is easy to get to. Just remove the bcu. However i still had a leak.

Took a drill to it (didn't think the Dremel would do it) and made a hole big enough to get a silicone nozzle through. Then smothered the area in silicon.

Only 24 hours in however with the rain today and driving in it the boot was bone dry.

Comment

sorry to bump and old thread but did this solve the water leak?

mine is leaking from the same place and im thinking of getting the grinder out instead of taking the bumper off

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post
                  sorry to bump and old thread but did this solve the water leak?

mine is leaking from the same place and im thinking of getting the grinder out instead of taking the bumper off
                  Think I'd be more inclined to take the bumper off that cut sections out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha funnily enough I have a rear bumper change due to damage and from then I started getting leaks. Turned out to the small holes behind the bumper. I drilled through mine so a tad neater but 10 out of 10 for effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post

Think I'd be more inclined to take the bumper off that cut sections out of the car.

The bottom plastic rivits under the bumper are mangled so i can undo them so for me its easier to just cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post

The bottom plastic rivits under the bumper are mangled so i can undo them so for me its easier to just cut it.
                        Order some new scrivets there only pennies each and do it properly.
                        Drill or cut the old ones off it's not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post

Order some new scrivets there only pennies each and do it properly.
                          Drill or cut the old ones off it's not difficult.

doesnt the bumper bracket need to be taken off to get access to the hole where its leaking?

Comment

Working...
                          X