X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insignia SRI nav turbo D

Hi All

im new to this forum/thread so please bare with me,

3 weeks ago i purchased 2017 insignia 2ltr sri nav turbo D (from my boss) since purchasing the car there has been several manufacture recalls, water corrosion , brakes, fuel and so on
    yesterday i drove from Manchester to Ealing (London) and back again with a 2hr stop in between (watching the rugby), i parked the car up at approx 8:30 pm yesterday evening and everything was fine,
    jumped in to the car this morning and the clutch pedal was flat to the bottom of the car like it had been pushed completely in, i don't recall this being like that the evening before

i have no idea why this would happen it seems to have pulled in overnight don't know if the gearbox has created a vacuum as its cooled down, i had to pull the pedal back up with my foot and it started working fine, is this going to be an on going costly problem ?

any advice please would be much appreciated

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome aboard Big Al 1978
      From what you are saying sounds like the slave cylinder. But normally they are in the bell housing so gearbox out ( i.e. Clutch replacement territory)
      but that my theory and mine alone .
      I am so full of good news ?
      Happy motoring !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I wonder if that is the reason your boss sold it to you .

Hopefully someone on here will know the reason behind the clutch pedal. In the mean time i found something similar.

Comment

Oddly my old insignia done it. It did it for 4 years and probably still doing it now.

Vx couldn't replicate the fault. They had a browse but didn't bother so I didn't either.

Comment

hi

would this be under warranty and the car is 2yr old and done 18k

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al 1978 View Post
              hi

would this be under warranty and the car is 2yr old and done 18k
              Yes, you get 3 years manufacture warranty at the very least

Comment

Hi,

Have a read through this thread. It's similar to your issue. Clutch dropping to the floor etc... https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ate-1-5-petrol
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

When the pedal drops it's usually air in the system

Comment

whats a clutch pedal welcome buddy hope you get it sorted

Comment

Welcome
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                      X