No announcement yet.

Engine Management light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, have a few new genuine parts for that engine so if you need anything just let me know - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      No worries, have a few new genuine parts for that engine so if you need anything just let me know - - Dave
      What have you got mate?
      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Hello, have got the coil pack--thermostat - - water pump--Maf--cam solinoid, all new, boxes a bit tatty but all good, will get some pictures to you if you can give me your email address, - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
          Hello, have got the coil pack--thermostat - - water pump--Maf--cam solinoid, all new, boxes a bit tatty but all good, will get some pictures to you if you can give me your email address, - - Dave
          Email address is Ritesh.panchal@hotmail.co.uk

Bit skint at the moment but I’ll keep you in mind.. send the images over
          2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

No problems--will get the exact part numbers for you and the pictures sent over to you---probably tomorrow----Thanks Dave

Comment

Swapped the coil pack over and the engine management light is still on, does it need time to sort itself out? I did only leave the car on for a few mins..
              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by rpanchal View Post
                Swapped the coil pack over and the engine management light is still on, does it need time to sort itself out? I did only leave the car on for a few mins..
                Have you reset original fault codes?

I fitted a pedal box, didn't push connection all the way in, brought light on. Fixed issue but light stayed on until I cleared the faults I generated .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Engine Management light

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Have you reset original fault codes?

I fitted a pedal box, didn't push connection all the way in, brought light on. Fixed issue but light stayed on until I cleared the faults I generated .
                  No I’ve not got a code reader so will have to get one now it’s never ending this car stuff !

Can anyone recommend a decent code reader, not really expensive!!
                  2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

No I’ve not got a code reader so will have to get one now it’s never ending this car stuff !

Can anyone recommend a decent code reader, not really expensive!!
                    If you have android phone one of them OBD ELM327 from ebay ect. should do it or opcom uk if you want to use laptop

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                      If you have android phone one of them OBD ELM327 from ebay ect. should do it or opcom uk if you want to use laptop
                      Just been on eBay and seen the below:

Item number: 223561577038

Only one that says it will run on W10, could one of you take a look and let me know what you think please..
                      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Just been on eBay and seen the below:

Item number: 223561577038

Only one that says it will run on W10, could one of you take a look and let me know what you think please..
                        From product reviews
                        "Works flawlessly on win10 but running program under compatibility for win7."

Program will run in windows 10 the problem always has been with getting the USB drivers to work in windows 10, that's why I still keep 2 of my old laptops running XP, it should have manual instruction how to get the drivers working but you will have to take a chance on it. Something to do with driver signature in Windows 10 from what I can remember but there is work around this problem 'Disable Driver Enforcement' just google it. Sorry can't help much more.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                          From product reviews
                          "Works flawlessly on win10 but running program under compatibility for win7."

Program will run in windows 10 the problem always has been with getting the USB drivers to work in windows 10, that's why I still keep 2 of my old laptops running XP, it should have manual instruction how to get the drivers working but you will have to take a chance on it. Something to do with driver signature in Windows 10 from what I can remember but there is work around this problem 'Disable Driver Enforcement' just google it. Sorry can't help much more.
                          Thanks.. I work in IT so I’ll just get Win 7 installed on an old laptop.. apart from that is it ok though?
                          2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Thanks.. I work in IT so I’ll just get Win 7 installed on an old laptop.. apart from that is it ok though?
                            Pm sent

Comment

Been looking around for a code reader, does this look ok?

Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader at the lowest UK prices from Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 for Car Accessories, Car Styling & Car Care. Buy today Online, In store or by Phone + Branches Nationwide – Next Day UK Free Delivery.
                              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Been looking around for a code reader, does this look ok?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/t...97350&0&t5_399
                                To be honest at that price I doubt it will read many if any Vauxhall codes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X