Android units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android units

Can anyone enlightenment me about these when it says 9.0 and 9.1 etc.

I was hoping to do the big screen conversion using the genuine parts......but it looks like it's a no go now.

So it's looking like it's gonna be the android unit from icebox auto.

Why can't you do the conversion?

They are just android software versions. No idea what's the best unit to use. I heard they give issues with not powering down/draining the battery

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Why can't you do the conversion?

They are just android software versions. No idea what's the best unit to use. I heard they give issues with not powering down/draining the battery
      I've got the screen and touchpad but not getting anywhere fast getting the other bits.

It's looking like the only way I'm gonna get it is by buying the Android

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        I've got the screen and touchpad but not getting anywhere fast getting the other bits.

It's looking like the only way I'm gonna get it is by buying the Android
        Hmi 2.0 are easy to get hold of, radio too.

Wiring you can buy from geniom for 80 euros.

Up to you though bud.

Comment

To be honest last few versions of android has seen nothing massively big. For ice most android versions are OK. If I was getting one it would need to be bootloader unlock able and root available so I could flash stuff to it and mod it.

I always thought the conversion worked out about the same price as a decent android unit, enter into the mix AA and CP still think it's worth it. Unless you want to watch videos, banking and stuff you do on the phone through your car.

Just my thoughts, as much as I like gadgets etc, oem upgrade would get it for me.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
            Hmi 2.0 are easy to get hold of, radio too.

Wiring you can buy from geniom for 80 euros.

Up to you though bud.
            Yeah.....but then do I need to send them to Italy for programming???

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              To be honest last few versions of android has seen nothing massively big. For ice most android versions are OK. If I was getting one it would need to be bootloader unlock able and root available so I could flash stuff to it and mod it.

I always thought the conversion worked out about the same price as a decent android unit, enter into the mix AA and CP still think it's worth it. Unless you want to watch videos, banking and stuff you do on the phone through your car.

Just my thoughts, as much as I like gadgets etc, oem upgrade would get it for me.
              Matt.....that's just went right over my head

Comment

Yeah.....but then do I need to send them to Italy for programming???
                I think Plasma will be your man for this and he's in UK

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                  I think Plasma will be your man for this and he's in UK

Mate....ive Dealt with Dean plasma for years, but he's went off the radar as I've sent numerous PM's and had no response.

Comment

Yeah?????
                    Just send him PM and ask

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                      Just send him PM and ask
                      Sorry ...I've edited my last message

Comment

Working...
                      X