Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V Cigarette Socket - Insignia grand sport 1.5 sri 165

Greetings Vauxhualiers,

Anyone know where to find a 12V Cigaratte Lighter socket on an Insignia grand sport 1.5 sri 165? Is there one at all?

I have an electric pump that uses a 12V socket but all I have is a plethora of 5V USB Ports.

Loving my car but find it odd that I can't see one. Nothing about one in the manual.

Thanks for any advice!

Warnoceros

There's one on my 18 plate, in the storage bin below the climate control unit. And one in the rear of the STs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190806_233321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	243457
    Last edited by PeteH; 06-08-2019, 11:34 PM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      There's one on my 18 plate, in the storage bin below the climate control unit. And one in the rear of the STs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1888[/ATTACH]
      Thanks PeteH.

I'll look in the morning. I don't think I've one at the front but there could be one secreted in the rear.

Cheers,

Warnoceros

Comment

I suspect you do and its just where Pete says it is. Took me a while to notice it was there in mine as well as i'd never needed to use it and then its not really in a line of sight because of angles etc. Mine is a 1.5 Sri as well and whilst its a tourer i dont think there is any difference between the tourer and the hatch in terms of the front of the car really.

Comment

Thanks both. Was in the front as you suggested. Can't believe i didn't see it.

Warnoceros

Comment

Glad to have helped you to find somewhere to plug your appliance in.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

My socket is in the position indicated above however the problem I have is that the power remains on to the socket, even when the ignition is turned off! I have an electric coolbox plugged into it which is now a potential battery killer!! any ideas, apart from unplug it whilst not in the vehicle as I'm daft & will just forget!

Comment

Originally posted by crashlad71 View Post
                My socket is in the position indicated above however the problem I have is that the power remains on to the socket, even when the ignition is turned off! I have an electric coolbox plugged into it which is now a potential battery killer!! any ideas, apart from unplug it whilst not in the vehicle as I'm daft & will just forget!
                hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
                would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

You could try something like this

Comment

TBH it's my company car so I can't really just mod it, thought there may have been a setting I'd missed or switch, it does say it's got a low voltage cut off but I don't really want to rely on that, just incase

Comment

TBH it's my company car so I can't really just mod it, thought there may have been a setting I'd missed or switch, it does say it's got a low voltage cut off but I don't really want to rely on that, just incase
                      I would check how long it stays on for, I suspect a short while after ignition is turned off it will just power down anyway? Most other things do including the boot light.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        I would check how long it stays on for, I suspect a short while after ignition is turned off it will just power down anyway? Most other things do including the boot light.
                        And I would do an introduction considering my post was ignored.

Comment

Har.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            Har.....
                            Yep..... especially when he mentioned company car.
                            It's my pet hate.... especially when I posted, yet he ignores it and reads the post afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                            X