Cd400 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd400 upgrade

hi, just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to upgrade from a Cd400 with Bluetooth to a bigger unit with Sat Nav, preferably a cd600 or cd900, is there additional wiring, heard its meant to be a very hard and costly upgrade, but wouldn't mind an aftermarket android one. is there certain ones to stay away from or certain brands i.e Sinosmart ect thats more reliable?
    any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in
    Thanks

Hi there,

I would personally go down the route of Android. Don't get me wrong I'm a believer in fitting OEM stuff, however, an android unit I feel brings it more up-to-date. (Than OEM prefacelift NAV)

If you were to trouble yourself with upgrading to the OEM sat nav. It will probably be the same time/effort/cost to upgrade it even further to the facelift sat nav.

Android units are plug and play but it's entirely up to your personal preference as to whether you like the look of OEM or aftermarket.

A plus side for android is you can always re-sell it down the line if you need to. It's generally a lot harder to sell OEM stuff as not a lot of people can program them. (Or people don't want to spend out)

I know there has been issues with android units in terms of not going to sleep/draining the battery.

There has also been issues with software and functionality especially with the tesla style units.

Hope that gives you some food for thought.

Comment

Thanks a million for the reply,

Ya I prefer to have the OEM sat nav but it just seems to be more hassle than its worth.

Androids look brilliant is there any particular brand you think is better, I seen one or two on ali express the sinosmart I think, just wondering if they are the more reliable ones,

Ya that's the only problem

Anyways thanks a million for the reply much appreciated

Comment

Shop hundreds of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto radios, Android OS radios and Tesla Style aftermarket systems here!

Comment

Hi guys,

I know its old thead but does someone happen to have firmware for old Sinosmart v2 CD400 with dab radio.
          Tried to google but can't find anywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X