Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd500 satnav - always requires dvd?

Hi,

Does the dvd always have to be in the cd drive for the satnav to work?

Got the cd800 update dvd yesterday and it installed an update & maps, all seems to be working well, but while in navigation mode I attempted to eject the dvd (because I heard it spinning) but a message popped up saying navigation would be cancelled if dvd ejected.

This seems a bit odd... What's it using the dvd for exactly, aren't the maps loaded on to the cd500 unit (assume it's got some internal memory).

Any help appreciated!

Matt

Ahhh think I've figured it out, you can load map data from dvd, which seems to install it, rather than just reading it from dvd all the time

Comment

Yes you have to choose what map data you want to install the you can leave the disc out

Comment

I've just had the same problem at what point do you save the maps to memory as it only gave me the option to install once the disk was inserted. And like above the sat nav will not work unless the cd is in.

Comment

If my memory serves me right. Its years since I've done it .I think at first it says something like memory full or something and you have to delete the old version
          if you have an update CD , you insert it , you browse the menu for the country you want to install ( ie uk) , and it updates that way
          keep the car running whilst its updating, so take it for a drive. Then hay presto
          As said above its years so my memory is foggy .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
          X