Keep DPF clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep DPF clear

Never having had a diesel car before and having seen threads on other forums about diesel models and DPF issues Im wondering if the miles I do to work and back 5 times a week is enough to keep the filter clear, I work 20 miles from home and 90% of the journey to and back from work is dual carriageway/motorway so will be getting a good run each day. Should this be enough to keep it clear?

Well it is said you get problems if you don't do much mileage. My commute is 13 miles each way, most of that sitting in city traffic. My car does a regen approx every 210 miles at the moment. Obviously if I do more miles say a run at the weekend then that can stretch to every 300 ish.

Had car a year now, no issues as yet. Will even complete regen sat on tick over. Usually clears filter to between 9% and 15%.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Ive had my facelift elite 2.0 diesel for 6 months now doing around 3oo miles a week including 2 runs of 85 mile and never had a regen yet as far as i know

Comment

Originally posted by denzilc6 View Post
        Ive had my facelift elite 2.0 diesel for 6 months now doing around 3oo miles a week including 2 runs of 85 mile and never had a regen yet as far as i know
        You have had loads

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Mattg What App are you using for DPF monitor? hoping it will work on mine (2ltr with adblue) as I am reluctant to keep filling my phone with apps until I find one that works.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
            Mattg What App are you using for DPF monitor? hoping it will work on mine (2ltr with adblue) as I am reluctant to keep filling my phone with apps until I find one that works.
            ScanMyOpalCAN

Comment

Is there a Version for iPhone users do you know

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                Sorry I don't know, maybe an I phone user can give suggestions

Comment

My dpf will regen around every 165 miles or so. Mainly round town driving i do with the odd blast up the A38. Fitted the regen led so i know when it is doing it although the other day it was on and i just switched the engine off without even thinking doh

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                    This one works well with my 2011 car.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2 by Stanislav Svistunov https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/car-sc...2/id1259933623

Comment

Hi Jaime, my commute is the similar, but 15miles and most of it on a single carriage way, my cars on 135k miles and not have any dpf issues

Matt, what OBD device are you using? im after a mobile code reader for the times i dont have access to my laptop and opcom

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        ScanMyOpalCAN
                        As above paired with elm dongle

Comment

There's nothing really wrong with DPF fitted cars .
                          As long as you keep things clean EGR , MAF and MAP , and a quick clean of the inlet side then everything is hunkey dory .
                          I've got a diesel qashqai and that tootles around town , never had a problem with the DPF .
                          But also with the DPF being closer to the exhaust manifold helps , the further down the exhaust system it is then that's where problems start .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            Well it is said you get problems if you don't do much mileage. My commute is 13 miles each way, most of that sitting in city traffic. My car does a regen approx every 210 miles at the moment. Obviously if I do more miles say a run at the weekend then that can stretch to every 300 ish.

Had car a year now, no issues as yet. Will even complete regen sat on tick over. Usually clears filter to between 9% and 15%.
                            Boy am I glad to hear that it will do one that often. I thought mine doing one every 900km (550miles) was too often. I do 45k kms (28k miles) a year no city driving, main road with short motorway runs and lots of second/third class roads, so sounds ok.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              There's nothing really wrong with DPF fitted cars .
                              As long as you keep things clean EGR , MAF and MAP , and a quick clean of the inlet side then everything is hunkey dory .
                              I've got a diesel qashqai and that tootles around town , never had a problem with the DPF .
                              But also with the DPF being closer to the exhaust manifold helps , the further down the exhaust system it is then that's where problems start .
                              The issue arises when the DPF regeneration is not completed repeatedly due to stop/start driving or short journeys no matter what else you do. Not drivers fault, inadequate design to cater for the extent of this type of driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X