DAB Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB Problem

I was rammed from behind a couple of weeks ago and had to have a new bumper and boot lights replaced, and now have a problem with my DAB signal dropping out all the time. Could this have anything to do with the repair as not sure what wires are in and around the bumper area. I don't think it does but people on here will no better.

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
    I was rammed from behind a couple of weeks ago and had to have a new bumper and boot lights replaced, and now have a problem with my DAB signal dropping out all the time. Could this have anything to do with the repair as not sure what wires are in and around the bumper area. I don't think it does but people on here will no better.
    Isn't the aerial at the back, ? So possibly the smash could of affected it

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
      Isn't the aerial at the back, ? So possibly the smash could of affected it
      The roof shark fin is at the back but don't no the wiring setup.

Comment

The roof shark fin is at the back but don't no the wiring setup.
        Yeah same here I'm at a loss on this one, as my dvd800 was a crap radio,I don't think it was dab and I couldn't be arsed with the faffing about

Comment

What model is it (MK1, facelift MK1, grand sport)? On the MK1 the dab aerial was a wire set into the rear screen, and on mine reception was crap. Mind you, I live in the Pennines, so I'm lucky if I can get radio 4 sometimes! Reception on the GS is a lot better.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            What model is it (MK1, facelift MK1, grand sport)? On the MK1 the dab aerial was a wire set into the rear screen, and on mine reception was crap. Mind you, I live in the Pennines, so I'm lucky if I can get radio 4 sometimes! Reception on the GS is a lot better.
            2015 Tourer Elite

Comment

The dab module is fixed to the tailgate on the hatch as the aerial is on the rear window......I'm only guessing but it could be the same for the tourer

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                The dab module is fixed to the tailgate on the hatch as the aerial is on the rear window......I'm only guessing but it could be the same for the tourer
                The window wasn't damaged so I'm guessing it's not that then mate.

Comment

The window wasn't damaged so I'm guessing it's not that then mate.
                  Nope....but you were hit on the rear.

The modules are bolted onto the tailgate and are fragile......so maybe it's been damaged or even possible that the plug has came undone.

Just a few ideas buddy.... process of elimination.

Comment

Nope....but you were hit on the rear.

The modules are bolted onto the tailgate and are fragile......so maybe it's been damaged or even possible that the plug has came undone.

Just a few ideas buddy.... process of elimination.
                    Thanks, pal I'll have them look into it.

Comment

Found this from this forum with a google search, very helpful.

Comment

I experience regular issues with DAB in my sports tourer, hard to hold signal for more than 5-10 minutes sometimes.

I've always just thought it was early DAB and must be a flaw in the design/system. I have a 2013 Insignia and was considering whether to try upgrading the aerial possibly, not I see the above link and know where the mechanics are I may try to check nothing is loose.

Comment

I've never had an issue with dab in mine.
                          The only time I lose signal is when I drive over the A66.

Maybe better going back to the old MW/LW/SW sets

Comment

I've never had an issue with dab in mine.
                            The only time I lose signal is when I drive over the A66.

Maybe better going back to the old MW/LW/SW sets
                            that's because the A66 is one big black hole.

Comment

that's because the A66 is one big black hole. :-)
                              It's a road I hate, but I gotta drive it

Comment

Working...
                              X