Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Buttons Replacement

Hi All,

The black plastic coating / film on the right hand side arrow turn wheel (for controlling vehicle menu system) of my Insignia steering wheel is peeling off leaving behind the white under layer.

How easy is it to replace the buttons on the steering wheel and what sort of approximate cost would I be looking at to source the button parts?

Thanks.

Originally posted by InsigniaA2014 View Post
    Hi All,

The black plastic coating / film on the right hand side arrow turn wheel (for controlling vehicle menu system) of my Insignia steering wheel is peeling off leaving behind the white under layer.

How easy is it to replace the buttons on the steering wheel and what sort of approximate cost would I be looking at to source the button parts?

Thanks.
    VX wanted to charge me 90 odd quid for the whole lot. I only wanted the tick button.

So left it how it was.

Comment

How confident are you working on cars.
      I would source the part off ebay but make sure you clearly see from photos the control is in perfect condition.
      Fitting wise first you need to disconnect the battery and wait a bit before popping out the steering wheel air bag.

Comment

It’s easy but you need to remove the trim they sit in and to remove that you need to take the airbag off. Not as bad as it sounds though.

Comment

Working...
        X