Oil pick up seal clutch & flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pick up seal clutch & flywheel

Hi all, more maintenance on my insignia today, the car is used as a Taxi and has 165k on the clock.
    The oil pick up seal is getting replaced today although I have had no low oil pressure warnings it's just something I need to do due to the problems with the seal. The clutch & flywheel are also getting replaced today this is the 2nd flywheel & clutch being fitted due to drivers flogging the guts out of them round the streets and on motorways.

All my insignia's are the 137BHP all with over 140k on the clock and so far so good not one problem with the engine's, that said I service them every 10k not the 20k the dealer recommends
    will let you know how I get on and upload a few pics of the seal & flywheel
    cheers
    Keith

Interested to hear how you've fared with the gearboxes on these, any issues with the newer M32 'boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
      Interested to hear how you've fared with the gearboxes on these, any issues with the newer M32 'boxes?
      Hi there all my insignia use the F40 gearboxes 15 plate onwards. I can’t fault them had no issues whatsoever with any of them

Comment

Right folks thought i would share my information with the forum, i have replaced my oil pick up seal at 165k when removed the seal wasn't as bad as i had expected given that i hear some pack in at less the 100k. The seal was a little brittle but i think i might of got away with it for a while yet!
        The flywheel & clutch was also replaced after just 17k, this was exchanged by Eurocar parts as a faulty unit, both flywheel & pressure plate looked like a ploughed field where the flywheel was wobbling about, the clutch was also knackered.
        The flywheel was a saches and 3 piece clutch was LUK
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by haddalad View Post
          Hi there all my insignia use the F40 gearboxes 15 plate onwards. I can’t fault them had no issues whatsoever with any of them
          15 plates got B20xxx engines as I remember and oil pick up seal issue has been solved on them.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
            15 plates got B20xxx engines as I remember and oil pick up seal issue has been solved on them.
            Morning, my 15 plate insignia has a A20DTH fitted to it?

Comment

Good write up there haddalad , and you should know more than anyone on here what can and dose go wrong with thease insignias .
              You don't seem to see many of the latter insignias suffering from oil pick up seal failure ( i.e. Engine failure) .
              As for the F40 gearbox it's a very strong unit
              I'm a Saab man and I've seen those boxes go up,to 300.000 miles with no problem only thing in the 9-3 application is gearbox turret bush giving poor gear change , but modifications available, and regular oil changes with 75W-85 GL 4
              But I digress sorry .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X