Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia ST 1.6 turbo bad smells

Hello,
    I own an opel insignia 1.6 turbo a16let 03/2010.
    It has been a long time since it has a problem that no mechanic can solve, which consists of the following:
    In high load situations (high climbs) between 3,500 and 4,000 an unbearable smell is felt inside the car (The engine always continues to work well and without any failure).
    No high revs required.
    It is working with lpg vialle liquidsi kit and V-lube valve lubrication.
    The engine was completely repaired 18,000 km ago due to valve problems (had not yet installed v-lube that was installed after the repair).
    I'm pretty sure the bad smells aren't caused by the LPG because I've already let it go completely and running on gas also smells.
    The difference is that LPG smells different and much more intense, but also makes when running on gasoline.
    It seems to me undoubtedly an exhaust leak but no one can figure it out.
    I've been to a number of workshops including exhaust workshops and no one finds out anything.
    It is now now in another exhaust shop, the exhaust has been disassembled, catalytic converter... but everything is ok.
    I'm desperate, I spent a lot of money repairing the engine but I will have to sell the car ...
    Has anyone around here ever had similar problems?
    Thank you

Did this happen not long after installing the lpg system.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Did this happen not long after installing the lpg system.
      Iam not 100% sure, but i believe yes.

Comment

Originally posted by CSP View Post
        Iam not 100% sure, but i believe yes.
        Could be the lpg system wasn't fitted 100% right. Or there is a leak somewhere caused while they were fitting the system.

Comment

The engine as been repaired after fitting the system.

LPG system as been checked several times by different shops.

No one finds anything...

I will probably sell the car.

Thank you

Comment

The amount you spent on it and there is no fix found and no one knows. Its best to sell it. Move on. You be happy again with a new model.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              The amount you spent on it and there is no fix found and no one knows. Its best to sell it. Move on. You be happy again with a new model.

Comment

Working...
              X