Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Help - Engine shuts downs whilst drivig and Low idle hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help - Engine shuts downs whilst drivig and Low idle hunting.

All, we have a 2010 insignia 163hp 2.0 CDTI manual which we've had for about three years. She's done 170k miles and we got her at 150k. My wife has had two instances recently when the engine has cut out completely whilst driving. Minimal brakes and steering. Restart it after a few minutes as its fine. Took it to our local garage but they couldn't find any fault codes or history. They kept it for a few days and drove it around - no reoccurrence - car ran perfect.

In combination with above we've had low idle hunting. We've had this very occasionally since we've had it. Again no fault codes/history. About 2 years ago we sent it to a Vauxhall dealer and they updated software and it was pretty good for a bit but then this came back so not resolved.

I've read some people think Duel Mass Flywheel on the way out causing an imbalance but we've done DMF on the last two vehicles so hope it not this. others think suction control valve but I think this was on earlier 1.7 diesel engines. fuel pressure regulator/fuel pressure control valve? I'm tempted to clean the MAF and EGR valve but don't think this would be related to engine shut down.

Many thanks

dont know about the cut out issue but i had an intermittent hunting problem on my old transit

needed to replace pressure control valve, suction control valve and a reset by ford who had the tools/software to do it

i never done this and it ran fine for 6 mnths until i part-exed it for my siggy

there was a known issue with the chrysler voyager 2.5 diesel engine which would cut out when the clutch was depressed.....not a nice thing to happen when coming off the motor way towards a busy roundabout with no brakes or power steering, thankfully a nice old lady drove into the side of me and wrote it off for me

Comment

Working...
    X