Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Gearbox (AF40) problem on 2011 sri 160hp 108k miles - gutted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, changing oil solved the problem?
    Becouse i have olmost the same problem... When shifting from 4 to 3 then it slams and if using brake on the shift so then it shifts okay and dosent slam... After a longer drive when i stop and drive again it slams when starting to drive...

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
      I don’t know exact which one tbh. Just make sure grade is correct n decent brand.
      Grade will be in your handbook (if can’t find they are online )
      Sometimes manufacturers say one type covers all. Gearboxes way to important for me to not do specific one

If doing it yourself, undo the filler one first. As if you can’t refill it can’t be driven to a garage
      That is one good bit of advice.

Comment

On an Auto box you should measure what drains out, and put the exact amount back. All oil does not drain off there is always some in the Torque Converter.

Comment

Post #9
          Hello Bolan71 tootle along to main reception ( new members introduction section)
          And introduce yourself we don't bite
          And tell us about yourself and your car and if you want ( it's optional) tell us what you like
          Me ? I like women's underwear
          It makes me feel like a woman DA DA DA -DA DA -DA !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Why do women wear panties?
            Because it's the law. The health and safety act of 1974 clearly states:

(4)(b)1: All manholes must be covered when not in use

..........I'll get my coat
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post

..........I'll get my coat
                Hmmmm...Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	244383
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I once fell down a man hole
                  Then I asked a gynaecologist to make it smaller
                  Tally Ho !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

With auto gear box oil if you are going to measure what comes out make sure the oil has had time to go cold as it does expand quite alot as it warms up. the last box I worked on was on a Merc and there was specific temperature that the oil need to be when checking level I had to chock the wheels put brakes on hard and give it some revs while in drive in order to get oil circulating to get it warm every 10 mins or so I would recheck level and was surprised at how the level had raised. Two much is as bad as to little.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattootroy

Hi, did the oil change fixed the issue?
                      thread is 2 yrs old mate
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattootroy

Hi, did the oil change fixed the issue?
                        Gear oil change, clean map, egr and throttle control valve.

Ecu uses info on airflow, pressure etc to decide when to change gear. Cleaning the boys YouTube videos, less than an hour, easy to do and only costs a tin of spray cleaner which most can do easily.

Comment

Yes, I found that the Gear Oil change worked for me - I did 3 over a month and have had no problems since.

Comment

Working...
                          X