Clear All

Love the satellite view on maps:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_120653.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	243487
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Loving the new layout, it all flows now and dark mode sets it off. OK Google responds loads better.

Down side, I sometimes used to click on the clock which took you to a standard clock screen like the Insignia has, that's gone.

For once Google have done a decent job, maps and media work flawlessly together on same screen now. Just need a few more compatable apps and some existing apps to actually be an app on screen as well as controlled by Google assistant.
      Noticed you have tune in radio installed, I have downloaded this from the play store, but for some reason it will not show on the screen

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
        Noticed you have tune in radio installed, I have downloaded this from the play store, but for some reason it will not show on the screen
        Mine is the pro version, sideloaded onto phone. If you know what that means then you know why won't say anymore .

Not sure why free version dont work.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just checked, it's not the premium version, but it was downloaded on pc and sideloaded.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I'll try it that you way , thanks

Comment

Loving it so much now considering turning phone Bluetooth off and letting AA handle calls and messages. Just a shame AA won't work on dash screen or steering wheel buttons.

Comment

here's a question

I have apple play but not android auto

on me android sim I have 100gb per month and can tether to other devices

if I bought a iPhone and leave it plugged in the car all the time

when I get in the car will it all connect up like it does with Bluetooth for phone calls

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
                  here's a question

I have apple play but not android auto

on me android sim I have 100gb per month and can tether to other devices

if I bought a iPhone and leave it plugged in the car all the time

when I get in the car will it all connect up like it does with Bluetooth for phone calls
                  Confuzzled.

You are thinking of having an iPhone [emoji23] just left plugged into the car so it will connect to CP via USB cable. Then when you get into car it's would connect to your Android's phones hotspot.

Well I'd assume this will work. On Android AA won't connect if phone is locked, so iPhone [emoji23] will probably need to be always on state, not locked.
                  It would also need to be permanently scanning for a WiFi connection with auto connection to your Android.

This would mean you Android would have to be in hotspot mode. So you would need an app like Tasker, so when you got into car, Android auto connects to car Bluetooth which would trigger Tasker to switch hotspot on, this allowing your iPhone [emoji23] to connect.

Don't know how iPhone [emoji23]works so not 100% with this.

Sorry for smiley after iPhone [emoji51], this Android phone keeps adding them whenever I type iPhone [emoji51] [emoji12]

Comment

I tried everything, cant get it to work, AA with Intellilink, tried several cables and versions

Comment

Edit just seen other post

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Confuzzled.

You are thinking of having an iPhone [emoji23] just left plugged into the car so it will connect to CP via USB cable. Then when you get into car it's would connect to your Android's phones hotspot.

Well I'd assume this will work. On Android AA won't connect if phone is locked, so iPhone [emoji23] will probably need to be always on state, not locked.
                        It would also need to be permanently scanning for a WiFi connection with auto connection to your Android.

This would mean you Android would have to be in hotspot mode. So you would need an app like Tasker, so when you got into car, Android auto connects to car Bluetooth which would trigger Tasker to switch hotspot on, this allowing your iPhone [emoji23] to connect.

Don't know how iPhone [emoji23]works so not 100% with this.

Sorry for smiley after iPhone [emoji51], this Android phone keeps adding them whenever I type iPhone [emoji51] [emoji12]
                        You can set CarPlay so it launches even if the iPhone is locked, thats how i have it set up. Its just an on\off toggle in the CarPlay settings.

Comment

I tried also with screen not locking wit AA, not Iphone.

Strange thing is also that I see with everyone has 2 usb ports, I only have 1

And do you need to connect with wifi?

Because it still doesn't exits in Belgium with exception of the versioen at mirrorapk of is this only for internet, if not, please explain how we should connect, because I tried to find an option in te car to find wifi internet but also through the phone?

Comment

I only have 1 USB port. I have a USB 3 4 way hub attached to that and AA and USB stick plugged into that.

Comment

ok I was thinking that maybe was the problem, that you could only connect at a specific port and I maybe was missing that

Comment

AA connects via cable only, app based

Comment

Working...
                                X