Updated Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Android Auto

Loving the new layout, it all flows now and dark mode sets it off. OK Google responds loads better.

Down side, I sometimes used to click on the clock which took you to a standard clock screen like the Insignia has, that's gone.

For once Google have done a decent job, maps and media work flawlessly together on same screen now. Just need a few more compatable apps and some existing apps to actually be an app on screen as well as controlled by Google assistant.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Hi Matt

Is this just a download or needed to be sent to plasma etc

Comment

What version are you on, Matt? Mine's 4.5.592854.

... Shakespeare's Sister?????
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
        Hi Matt

It's a Google app, Car play on I phone. Your car needs projection icon, June 2016 onwards if activated.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          What version are you on, Matt? Mine's 4.5.592854.

... Shakespeare's Sister?????
          Same. Go to phone, open it, settings might be a tick box for you to try new version.

Shakespeare sister, just getting Spotify to play some old stuff

Comment

Get the right parts Plasma can get it working I'm sure.

See below settings screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
              Hi Matt

If you already have android auto. Most likely the app on your phone needs updating

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                If you already have android auto. Most likely the app on your phone needs updating
                My AA updated twice in last week, the upgrade tick box only came up today. Reading it has nothing to do with the app, server side with Google on car screens. The phone app still looks as old version did. I think AA on the phone screen is also stopping

Comment

Already have AA , ill look into it in the morn , BTW Matt im also a huge Shakespeare's Sister fan

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    My AA updated twice in last week, the upgrade tick box only came up today. Reading it has nothing to do with the app, server side with Google on car screens. The phone app still looks as old version did. I think AA on the phone screen is also stopping
                    Yeah just looked on the app. Looks a lot better though. I'm please ok google works better now. I usually had to press the button on the steering wheel to work.

Comment

Much sleeker

Comment

It really is good, messages, WhatsApp, hangouts etc all work perfectly. Might even turn the Insignia text thing off now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          Much sleeker
                          How come your icons at bottom are opposite side to mine

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            How come your icons at bottom are opposite side to mine
                            Because German car. Everything opposite,
                            we indicate, they don’t.
                            We say thank you, they don’t.
                            We drive sanely, they don’t.
                            We don’t own the road, you guessed it they do. [emoji23][emoji23]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                              Because German car. Everything opposite,
                              we indicate, they don’t.
                              We say thank you, they don’t.
                              We drive sanely, they don’t.
                              We don’t own the road, you guessed it they do. [emoji23][emoji23]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav
                              Now now now.

I'm the most courteous person out there! Don't really drive the merc.

In a crappy focus until I get another insignia

Comment

Working...
                              X