Not a great start to a Monday morning [emoji31]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a great start to a Monday morning [emoji31]

Apologies if I held you up this morning, some kindly left a ratchet strap on the M1 this morning just past junction 31 south bound. Shredded the offside front tyre!!!

That's a bugger....As long as you're ok?.....Any damage to the wheel?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

So....it's your bloody fault I missed my flight to Munich???

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        That's a bugger....As long as you're ok?.....Any damage to the wheel?
        Yeah I'm fine, no damage to the wheel thank god!! Didn't even have time to move over I hit it then the tyre pressure monitor plummeted!! It could have been worse atleast it's the tyre and not through the windscreen!

Comment

At least your ok and tyres are easily replaced. Not much of a hard shoulder there ��

Comment

Bad luck Shane, glad you and the car are ok.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
              At least your ok and tyres are easily replaced. Not much of a hard shoulder there ��
              Sodding smart motorways!!

Comment

Yep those smart motorways, really gives you a lot of protection against juggernauts!
                Have you got a spare tyre or on of those pumps in the boot they seem to fit instead?
                I thaught that was an early photograph entery for August POTM
                As long as you are safe and well that's all that matters .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  Yep those smart motorways, really gives you a lot of protection against juggernauts!
                  Have you got a spare tyre or on of those pumps in the boot they seem to fit instead?
                  I thaught that was an early photograph entery for August POTM
                  As long as you are safe and well that's all that matters .
                  Got one of those foam things they've done away with spare tyres... go knows why!!

Just got to quick fit and for the same tyre that's on a continental it's costing me £210!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                    Got one of those foam things they've done away with spare tyres... go knows why!!

Just got to quick fit and for the same tyre that's on a continental it's costing me £210!
                    Ouch what an expensive monday

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                      Ouch what an expensive monday
                      Yeah all because some git didn't check their strapping was secure. It's like these Pollock's who drop screws and don't bother picking them up. Straight in your tyre because of their ignorance.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Shame there is no way to trace the culprit and make him or her pay

Comment

did the tyre inflation system not help you out here?!!... I did away with mine straight away and bought a spare with jack brand new off ebay for £145. Hope the wheel wasn't damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            Yeah all because some git didn't check their strapping was secure. It's like these Pollock's who drop screws and don't bother picking them up. Straight in your tyre because of their ignorance.
                            popped my new wheels on and a full set of new tyres, - screw through rear within 2 weeks. 'just' repairable fortunately!!

Comment

this seems to be a common occurrence on motorways nowadays, it used to be the odd shoe or boot...(just 1 never a pair...i did often wonder what the hell happened to the other one..), but now it seems to be ratchet straps a plenty..
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X