Arm rest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm rest.

My centre console arm rest is damaged and I am looking at options to reapair or replace. My car is an early facelift with an electric hand break. Are they all? EBay has managed to confuse me because some adverts say 09-13 which suggests a change for the facelift others just say Insignia and some even say 09-15?

Does anybody definitively know if the prefacelift and the facelift arm rests are the same or not?

I think they are the same
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

They're all the same but early models had the traditional handbrake....but they all fit.

Comment

That's great thanks for the replies much appreciated. I now have to work out how to get it off. YouTube is usually great for things like this but, there appears to be not a lot of insignia related videos for some reason?

Comment

What is wrong with it?

Is there damage to the console itself or just the arm rest that lifts up?

If it’s just the arm rest this is easy to remove. If you need to remove the whole centre console it’s a ball ache and I think you may need to remove front seats
          sigpic

Comment

The fabric is torn. So it is just the arm rest which lifts up. I suppose technically it is just the fabric cover which needs replacing.

Comment

I am getting a 14 plate Elite tomorrow with the same problem, is there anywhere anything that shows how to replace this lid??

Comment

I’ve got my car now, defiantly needs arm rest replacing. Can anyone give any info on how to remove the arm rest only without pulling the whole console out. Cheers ��������

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
                  I’ve got my car now, defiantly needs arm rest replacing. Can anyone give any info on how to remove the arm rest only without pulling the whole console out. Cheers ��������
                  I am also very interested in hearing from anyone who has done this job. I am guessing that you have to take the rear vent assembly off to access the arm rest fixing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                    What is wrong with it?

Is there damage to the console itself or just the arm rest that lifts up?

If it’s just the arm rest this is easy to remove. If you need to remove the whole centre console it’s a ball ache and I think you may need to remove front seats
                    Really could do with a little how to from this guy as he sounds to know what is needed to be done to remove just the bit that lifts up.
                    Please Pondy give us a clue.

Comment

Really could do with a little how to from this guy as he sounds to know what is needed to be done to remove just the bit that lifts up.
                      Please Pondy give us a clue.
                      Excuse the picture I nicked it from another thread. You don’t have to unscrew anything.

In the above pic the bit I have drawn round in red is the same both sides. It’s one piece, you pull this upwards and out towards rear of car, this whole rear section is then removed. This will then give you access to the hinges for the arm rest. There are 2 silver pins that you remove by pushing outward towards both seats. When these are out you can lift the arm rest out. Just put new one in, replace the pins. Then re attach the plastic trim.
                      sigpic

Comment

Your the man, thank you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	70E5BFAE-6668-44AB-8089-48D9A4C78270.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	243564
                          I’ve got the replacement and removed the back but as described but can’t move the pins.
                          How do they come out??

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2083[/ATTACH]
                            I’ve got the replacement and removed the back but as described but can’t move the pins.
                            How do they come out??

Get some pliers and move them outwards.

Then get a screwdriver or something and lever them out.
                            sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2083[/ATTACH]
                              How do they come out??
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X