Odd error message and alarm problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd error message and alarm problem

Pressed the button on my key fob to open car yesterday morning and the alarm started going off and would not stop no matter how often I locked or unlocked the car then I got in started the car and drove first mile to work with it still going off before it stopped. I also noticed the message saying tyre equipment not recognized which is wierd because it's giving me my tyre pressures. Any ideas? I thought maybe the battery on the way out?

Sounds like the battery based on other posts with electrical gremlins like that. Could have just been a one off glitch (you know what Insignias are like ) but if it does it or other electrical glitches again I'd get you battery checked with a view to replacing.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

could be battery.

I have read previously the tpms ecu and alarm are linked. Someone had the same issue and the alarm kept going off.

I don't know if it was replaced or moved (tpms ecu) as if water gets into it and shorts.

I'm not saying it is but it's something worth noting

Comment

First, try to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and reconnect than check for errors again

Comment

Working...
        X