Hi Insignia family,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Insignia family,

Happy-ish owner of a 2014 Sports Tourer. 2.0 ecoflex diesel. 200k of flawless motoring, until now.....
    Here's my story, typically, a week before I go on holidays to Lanzarote (I'm posting from the poolside) my missus calls in a freakish panic. She's on a motorway and goes to overtake a car and.....nothing, there is no power and service vehicle soon pops up on the screen. She manages to get it home and I send it to my mechanic. He never told me what code came up on the obd but said the boost solenoid was goosed. Replaced it, all good again and then on Friday it went again. Spend most of Saturday cleaning out the EGR, hoses, maf sensors etc (not terribly bad) and now there just doesn't seem to be any power at all. I did have some perished hoses replaced during a service so they're all OK. My mechanic is away for a month (went and got married) so on my own. He did mention something about under voltage/over voltage on boost, I can't really remember. I've got nothing better to do on holidays apart from having a beer on the sun and thinking about this car. How sad is that. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi,

Can't help with the car but hope you get it sorted. It's probably a sensor. They're always failing.

Forget the car and enjoy the rest of your holiday!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome aboard Air con john.
        Fault codes could be a starter and what exactly has been replaced and what your mechanic was saying about under/over voltage.
        Anyway enjoy your holiday.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ola! lizzard-t. The boost solenoid at the front of the engine was fried, little black solenoid with 2 hose connections and a type of dryline filter, scalding hot to touch, that was replaced. Car worked fine for a bit but then started dropping power again. I can't remember the codes and myself and my mechanic are away. When I return home next Monday I'll plug in my obd and get back to you. Thanks for replying. Back to the pool & beer!

Comment

... And don't forget the sunscreen!
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hi All. Back from my holiday and back to this intermittent problem with my Insignia. Now I replaced the boost solenoid before I went away, worked OK for a quick spin didn't feel good and the dreaded 'Service Car'popped up. I got the obd2 scan done and codes P0234, P2263 (both intermittent turbo boost issues) and P003A (position not learned) faults came up. Any thoughts to do a work around? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

P003a= misalignment in the boots control from turbo
                P0234 = turbo boost out of range ( best way to check is to get something like opcom where it will be able to send a signal to boost pressure control valve and see if the wastegate solenoid moves
                P2263=turbo boots performance
                It seems to either be looking at a vacuum leak , somewhere on the inkjet side or to turbo boost pressure control valve
                Or VNT solenoid or in the turbo area or the VNT system may be stuck , try some turbo cleaner take off inlet hose to turbo and spray in as per directions on can .
                Also check MAP sensor , take out and clean with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud, don't poke it .
                Really you require as above opcom or similar to actuate parts of the turbo system .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi Lizzard-t. Thanks for that. I've already checked for a vacuum leak on the turbo and all is good there, cleaned the MAP sensor (wasn't bad) and I assume the VNT solenoid is the boost pressure solenoid, that's been replaced. I'll check out the sticking parts in the turbo next. A good clean out can't do any harm anyway. I'll keep u posted. Thanks again.

Comment

The VNT solenoid is on the turbo itself, it pushes the vnt in or out depending on engine load .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X