Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insignia coolant warning problem

Forum Key Rings
    I have a 2011 insignia, on starting the engine I have the LOW COOLANT LEVEL message on the screen, I have replaced both the reservoir, and the sensor inside it, tried disconnecting the battery for a while, but I still get the warning on the screen.
    would be obliged of any assistance.
    many thanks Dave.

Car
    2011 2.0 ecoflex elite nav tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave. Is there any chance that the coolant is actually low? I know the egr cooler cap leaks on these

Learner Driver insignia tourer elite nav's Avatar
    Car
    2011 technical grey rare cream leather seats elite nav automatic 2.0 cdti sports tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi dave m8 sorry to read your having problems don't be disheartened these are great cars mrk1 insignias if I was you id check that the coolant level is on max if on low top up coolant level if message is still on screen look around EGR and check for any coolant leak on EGR vaccum cooler tank did my head in pal I had a problem coolant warning on my insignia elite nav 2011 sports tourer I had to have a new EGR vaccum cooler tank fitted its a pain In the ass problem a knightmare took me ages to sort it ended up having to take ,my car to a network q main dealer has other local car garages near me didn't want to fix my car they don't like the job to much of a pain they said it hasn't put me off insignias love them but ive heard from vauxhall dealerships it seems to be a common problem on the mrk 1 insignia coolant leaks on EGR hope you get your car sorted lets hope its not the dreaded EGR m8 message me if you need any help ill let you know has I had same thing happen to me collant low warning on screen then EGR problem mine was leaking coolant on EGR cooler tank it cost me 150 to get fixed at a local Vauxhall main network q dealers good luck pal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re vauxhall insignia low water warning

Quote Originally Posted by Plym Ian View Post
    Hi Dave. Is there any chance that the coolant is actually low? I know the egr cooler cap leaks on these
    hi there,
    thank you both for your input, I shall print these out and take them to my local garage,shall tet you know the result.

thanks. dave.

Learner Driver insignia tourer elite nav's Avatar
    Car
    2011 technical grey rare cream leather seats elite nav automatic 2.0 cdti sports tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi dave m8 hope you get your car sorted could be something simple could be pressure cap or EGR cooler coolant leak mine was leaking on tank a crack a common problem I was told on mrk1 insignias .>>>>.....pal ..did you check for any coolant leak on EGR cooler tank ill help you out if I can all the best m8 >?