Grand sport LED headlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand sport LED headlight issue

Hi all new to the forums but have lurked for a while. Recently purchased a 17 GS and today got round to changing the dipped beam to LEDs.

I have used the bulbs recommended on the lights sticky post and have the resistors in place but am getting the dash message that both lights are out.

Any ideas? Both resistors can't be fault surely

I'm on a second set of resisters. The first set I tried both threw up errors. I can't link to mine because they're not listed anymore but my guess is the resisters they sent you are probably different to ones that have worked for someone else. The seller probably just buys batches in from different suppliers. Maybe send them back and try another seller.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ok. Thanks Marko. Love your GS by the way. The exhaust looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzerj View Post
        Ok. Thanks Marko. Love your GS by the way. The exhaust looks awesome.
        Thanks. It's just a trim. Straight swap for the standard trim if you have the hidden exhaust.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

anyone found they needed to lift the aim slightly after fitting LED?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            No. In fact I run mine on number one just to be sure they're not too high.

Comment

hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                I put it at 0 and went for a night drive just to see if I got flashed. Zero flashes.

I just fitted the main beam leds and holy moly they are awkward that metal bar is in just the right position to make getting in really difficult. I ended up having to try and slot the bulb holder disc thing in at the same time as pushing the bulb in.

Comment

Working...
                X