No announcement yet.

Rear pad change w/o brake rewind tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear pad change w/o brake rewind tool?

Hi guys,

Yesterday I've changed my front brake pads only to find that they were only 50% used and that the nasty brake squeal is from the rear pads...
    Now I have to change the rears as well as tomorrow I'm going on a 1000 km. trip. However, I have electronic handbrake but no rewind tool as everyone recommends.

Is it possible to change the rear brake pads without a brake rewind tool? If yes - how?

Thanks a mil!

It can be done with some grips on the piston. However not recommended as can damage things. Or nip the seal. I did mine yesterday and found that both seals are already damaged so two new callipers for me [emoji15]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

you can get a rewind tool from machine mart,,a shade over a tenner,saves a lot of hassle
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Rang a couple of shops - they do not have in stock. I have to hit the road tomorrow so its a bit of an emergency to change them and I have to do it with no tool,hence why I am asking.

Изпратено от моят HMA-L29 с помощта на Tapatalk

Comment

Might help members if you posted what area you were from and then if another member was close, they may be able to lend you their rewind tool to get the job done without damaging anything.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I’m at YO8 Mate more than welcome to borrow mine

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

From what I can gather he's from Bulgaria.
              So it's a quick nip over to York for him ?

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hey, yes I am from Bulgaria.

I managed to change them however - I borrowed a tool from a local shop.

Now when I have changed both my rear and front pads - is it normal that they do not make full contact with the disks yet? I assume so because there are few spots from copper grease I accidently made near the inner part of the disk that are still visible.

No more squeal though

Изпратено от моят HMA-L29 с помощта на Tapatalk

Comment

Used to do mine with a pair of needle nose pliers forced into the grooves ,but a helluva lot easier with the windback tool.

Comment

Working...
                  X